Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Fairy tales: do they come true?

I've been driving myself into the ground with work, which is both good and bad. I have workaholic tendencies, which means I tend to go 150% into things--it's good, don't get me wrong, but, I made sure to take the weekend off because I know I don't have a day off until I leave for the race in June I even work right up until 3 hours before my flight--truth).

I had a nice Sunday sitting by the pool and getting sunburnt, per usual, and then I went all into my brain. Which, as we know, bad place! Ha.

I got to thinking: we all struggle, we all have battles. Some people keep their battles to themselves, some people seemingly have fewer or lesser struggles than others, and some just plot along through it all. I have been dealt some pretty rough things over the course of my life--we all have been, don't get me wrong, I know that I am not alone in my struggles, in my strife, but, sometimes it seems harder than others (that's what she said). Sometimes, I wonder when the storm will pass, when I will look back on these days and laugh, when this will be but a blip on my radar--stories I will tell my children when they are old enough. When?

I feel like I sink further and further into the dark, so does that mean future, my ending should be that much brighter? Cause I kind hope so...

As I sat in my big ol empty house, with my take out Thai and Modern Family, I felt so incredibly like Bridget Jones. (if only there was a reindeer jumper wearing attorney whose paddling pool I used to wade in as a child, we'd be set!)

Anyways, as I reflected on my semi sad single Sunday night (alliteration!), I started to wonder: does my history, my heartbreak, the sum of me, does that mean that my happy ending will be in fact fairytale? My best friend noted in a blog post recently that I believe in happy endings and fairy tales and dreams--and I do, I really do, but sometimes, those dreams are so far away that they seem pointless and silly. What makes me worthy of a happy ending? What makes me so special? (more importantly, what makes that Hannah chick so special that she gets Eddie Redmayne, seriously)

I've made mistakes, I am far from perfect, so, does that mean my ending is far from perfect? Does that mean my ending is, in fact, take out, cats and knitting? And how do I reverse that? How do I wash away my mistakes and pave myself a brighter future--preferably one that involves a handsome actor, last name Jackman or Redmayne?

I don't have the answers, I don't know where my happy ending is, or will be. But, I know that fairy tales do come true--I've been blessed to see some friends living just that--their happily ever after, and on the good days, on the hopeful days, I know that I will be there too. Someday. Somehow. Somewhere.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

You deserve the best fairytale ending there is. That's why it's taking so long to find you -- so it can be the best <3

The Pink Growl said...

This is such a profound Carrie Bradshaw type of post! I'm with you 100000% though! I will go for weeks sometimes and be happy with my (semi-sad) single life, and then boom! it hits me that is this as good as my life will get? No, surely not! We both deserve all the happiness in the world and I, for one, truly believe we will both get it! Hang in there girl! XOOX

Ashley said...

I am RIGHT there with you, girl! It's hard not to wonder 'when is it my turn to be happy?' when everyone around you is blissful. I know I keep wondering it, if I will ever make the right choices, if I will ever wind up on the right path.
Just remember - although some peoples lives may seem easier and some may seem tougher...it's all in how they air their dirty laundry ;)

Sara McCarty said...

It will happen. I believe. :) I love you.