Oh, and yesterday the door of apartment building slammed on my hand and broke one of my fingers. Turns out, finger breaks hurt a hell of a lot more than say ankle or elbow, because I legit passed out from the pain. Massive props to the lovely Camden city employee who saw me slumped over and helped me into a cab. Faith in humanity, y'all! And let me tell you, typing with a broken finger is no joke. Ouch.
And I won't lie, things here haven't been great. I've been very overwhelmed, some things at school have changed--my dissertation is due a month earlier than we were told (FML), my Penny pup had been really sick as well, and I've just felt very isolated and alone. And trust me, no one wants to hear me blog about that!
But, there have been good things too! My Oklahoma babe took me to a fun dinner last week when all I wanted to do was wallow. I've now found a new favorite restaurant--The Shed--and it reminds me of Wooderry Kitchen in Baltimore, so, WIN!
My amazing best friend from home had her friend come by and bring me flowers and candy;
the Italian sent me cold medicine and the most beautiful album from our day in DC over Christmas;
![]() |
| Hashtag: diefludie |
![]() |
| Y'all, this man. I can't even. |
![]() |
| TWO WEEKS!! |







2 comments:
Ouch - so sorry about your finger! Hope you are on the mend soon.
Oh sweetie! I'm so sorry you're having a shitty week. Damn, I can't believe you broke a finger? Who does that? You. :) And me, probably. I have a never-ending cold and now a sinus infection, so I feel your pain. I hope you are back to 100% before hottie Italian boy gets over there to whisk you all over Europe being all romantical. Give the pups kisses for me. Mally misses you so much, she tells me all the time. I love you.
Post a Comment