Wednesday, June 22, 2011

California Dreamin'

In honor of this blessed restaurant opening in DALLAS, TEXAS (!), I have been feeling nostalgic for my home state.


It's a well known fact that I absolutely adore Texas and can't imagine living anywhere else, but, I am a beach bum at heart and miss the sand, the sun and the salt.


I seem to get especially melancholy in the summer months--months that were once spent planted in the sand, searching my bag for wax, late night dinners of milkshakes and fries and cool, salty air.









Source: flickr.com via Shabby on Pinterest





Finding the perfect hidden spot.









Or, enjoying the city life.





No matter how you slice it, California is home.











Where there's nothing like an early morning wave.



It's just California Dreamin' y'all.

8 comments:

Sarah B. said...

First, Congratulations on the In-n-Out! Last...you are on Pinterest, I just learned about this and think I might become an addict soon....just another addiction, joy!
Happy Summer to you from overcast California...lol.

Kaci said...

Sigh...I'm going to be in Cali in 14 days...not that I'm counting :)

Sara McCarty said...

This post makes me miss California and I'm not even from there! Maybe we should plan a girls trip back in your home state??

P.S. How's the Texas version of In-N-Out? Does it taste the same?

the girl in the red shoes said...

OH man....I miss California too! At least you have in-n-out!

Dollface said...

And soon NYC with me... xxoo

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Sigh. I relate to every bit of this. June-September is the homesick season for me.

By the by, have you been to your Dallas In n' Out yet?

Neely said...

The people who wait in line for In and Out are CRAY CRAY!

Michelle said...

Hello, Ms. SP - I've missed reading your lovely blog! I totally understand missing the homeland. If I were to ever move out of Texas I think I'd have to have a sizable air-travel fund designated to medicate my homesickness. ♥