My sis and I decided on Phantom a few months ago—in an ideal world, Les Mis would have been playing, since, it’s my all time favoritest and none of the girls had ever seen it, so, I thought that would be fun, but, sadly, it left Broadway for good years ago (it’s still playing on West End—London or bust, baby!)….Anyways. Phantom. Broadway go.
We had a super big dinner at Carmine’s before the show, wherein my nieces and I gorged on garlic cheese bread and meatballs. I then attempted to try some signature drink or something and it was pretty, but, not good. I tried pawning it off on the girls, but, no takers, so, I spent the night sneaking sips of their Cokes. Because I’m awesome like that.

Inside the lobby of The Majestic--so flippin' pretty.
Ohhh, ya know, view from our seats (like a good patron, I took no photos during the play). We were in the FOURTH ROW. Sorry, I know that was shouty, but, I'm still not over it. You could see their makeup! (my new goal in life is to have fourth row seats or better in every play I see. It's gonna cost me a pretty penny, but, damn, worth it)
Love. L.O.V.E.
From our seats--that's the famous Phantom chandelier. There is no zoom on this picture!
Me and my sis.
The reason for our amazing trip, these girls. Taylor, Paige and Bailey. I love Taylor and Paige in this shot!My girls.
Seeing Phantom was incredible. I've never seen it live before, but, love the movie (duh, Patrick Wilson and Gerard Butler, hello), and, I'm a sucker for plays, so, I knew it would be amazing, but, holy goodness.
Oh em gee. I can't even explain how great it was. Just hands down amazing. I'm trying to get myself back to NYC today to see it again. Les Mis is still my favorite, but, Phantom is definitely the most moving and emotional.
Although, the best part was watching Bailey's face during the whole thing--she was just transfixed. It was so great to share that with her.
She and I were both in tears at the end--the stage production is just so moving. And, I mean, come on, admit it, The Phantom is pretty sexy--don't deny it, you know I'm right. “No matter what he does, you gotta love him,”--> Bailey. She accuses me of being exactly like her mom, but guess what honey, you’re the same as her!
Of course, she and I sang the entire way back to the hotel--duh. It's been over a week and I've still got the songs stuck in my head!
I'm thinking when Paige and Taylor go to the NFR in Vegas this winter that sis, Bailey and I should tag along and go to Phantom in Vegas, haha.
It was a really fun night, but, kind of bittersweet for me because I know how much my mom would have loved it, she was the reason I love musicals so much—and seeing Lara with her girls, and Bailey totally in her element just made my heart swell. I want nothing more than to have that relationship with my daughters (yes, I have my order in for daughters, plural).
And why yes, you are correct, I've been listening to the soundtrack on repeat for the last two weeks and miiiiight have watched the movie twice since getting home. Maybe. It's possible. (still, not the same as the stage production)
Seriously, if y'all haven't seen Phantom on stage, DO IT. DO IT NOW.
Lecture over.


8 comments:
Love the Phantom! I've seen it twice and it's one of my favs!
Aw - I can totally relate. My late grandmother (my mom equivalent) taught me to love musicals, and I'll never forget the emotional rush of seeing "Phantom" that first time. "Les Mis" is still my favorite too, though.
It looks like you had an absolutely fabulous time! I've never actually seen anything on Broadway before.
Ive seen that show!! I am glad you had a really good time, you cutie! xxxoo
I saw Phantom about two years ago here in Detroit and it was phenomenal! I've always loved the music, and seeing the show live was ten times better. We had great seats too which was a lot of fun for the chandelier and other special effects! I love the theater! :)
Ahh! I'm so insanely jealous.
Oh fun! The first show I ever saw on Broadway was Phantom too! And I loved it! And Les Mis is also my absolute favorite musical ever, so no wonder we're best friends. Let's go to London and see it together a hundred times, ok?
I've seen Phantom live and you are soooooooooo right. I adored the whole experience. Um, wanna go to London with me to watch Le Mis??? Let's do it!
Post a Comment