Thursday, June 14, 2012

Mixed Blessings

Last week I lost one of my oldest and dearest friends in a sudden and very horrible accident, so, I've been a bit of a zombie since then. Appearently I'm still in the angry tears part of grief as I started on hot pissy tears when cooking supper tonight. So, that was fun.

BUT. Sometimes there are mixed blessings.

For example, I got to go home, which I wasn't planning on doing until the holidays, catch up with another lifelong friend and spend some time at the beach.

Let's recap, shall we?

Got into town on Sunday and set up shop at the hotel pool. Got mucho sun. Mucho needed.
 

 Totally wishing I could bottle the smell of the resort--it was absolutely delicious. Perfumey flowers and beach. Perfect. 

Had dinner on the beach and because we were on west coast time we weren't missing the Tony's (THANK GOD), but, I was getting play by play tweets.

This one totally made my life. DUH.


Also, can we discuss the Tony's real quick? HUGH JACKMAN I LOVE YOU. Also, Newsies, I die. And Once, ohhhh Once how I love thee. Falling Slowly is just--ahhh the most beautiful thing ever. I need to see it again.

And clearly we all need to hotfoot it Peter and The Starcatcher too!

Midway through the Tony's we made an ice cream run. The Diet Coke is there for well, irony, and also to show scale. That's a lot of salted caramel and brownie goodness!

Childhood bestie with her mess of goodness. We spent $25 on ice cream at 10:15PM. We rock.


Balcony view
Didn't get enough sun as I still have my Madird tanlines! Friend's car en route to the service.
Lunch with my big sister!
Early morning in Santa Barbara. Lovely.



3 comments:

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Oh, no - I'm so sorry this is why you're back in CA. I'm sorry for your loss.

That Pink Girl said...

I hope that this trip was restorative on some level.
I'm so sorry for the reason you were there, though. *hugs*

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I'm sorry for the reason for this trip back home, but hope it was a bit of a good weekend for you.