Sometimes it's fun because you can have ice cream for dinner and no one can say a dang thing--well, except maybe that voice that's all "hey, you're going to get fat!", but, let's be honest, we never listen to that voice anyway. Related, pass the cookies please.
All that to say, I've had to make some grown up choices recently. Sucky choices. Painful things and all that. Kids, don't grow up, it's a trap!
But, I've had some great friends and great times to get me through it and for that, I am a happy gal. It's strange to find happiness in times of doubt, confusion and pain, but, thanks to some incredible girls, I am in fact finding just that.
![]() |
| My BFF Ren took me out to Nobu after a particularly hard day (but, we got some really fun news that day too!) |
| Then, I went to Canton with my insomniac twin That Pink Girl and we found Boo's. It hasn't stopped being funny. |
| And I got a fried pie! I mean, if that doesn't spell happiness, I don't know what does! |
| Dinner at Wolfgang Puck's 560 in Reunion Tower with BFF Ren. Who's amazing, duh. Love! |
| Ren captured this shot of me and I think it's hilariously perfect. |
| Last night my angel of music, Aurora and I went to see Oklahoma and had the bestest time ever. Major friend pride tears! |
I know life isn't easy. I know I'm not perfect. I know I'll continue to screw up and generally be a hot mess, but, even though life has killed the dream I dreamed, I know that even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.
Victor Hugo told me so.
And, if there was any doubt, I give you, the cast of Magic Mike.
I KNOW.



7 comments:
Not only can we rely on friends but our hubby and pets, too!
Absolutely nothing trumps spending time with your BFF! Loved the past few weeks!
Love that Victor Hugo. I completely, 100% relate to hard days and dreams that seem to turn out differently in reality than they did in my sweetest dreams. Hang in there. You are loved and prayed for.
I'm sorry. I lost my train of thought after the Magic Mike cast.....
Also, just stalked Ren's blog and holy pretty pictures batman!
Girlfriend, I'm sorry things are sucky lately. I wish I was there to pour you a giant margarita and hang out with you by the pool with Mac and the pups. I miss you and love you. And if it makes you feel any better, you look WAY skinny in those photos. :) For real.
xo. and that pic of you is beautifully amazing, just like you.
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin to Pooh
Post a Comment