Well, actually, I wanna party.
I'm that girl that always imagines these great parties and how excellent of a hostess I will be and blah, blah. But, I never do. I think "well, who would I invite? Would people actually come?" and then I panic so I don't actually do anything and then it's December 31st and I'm sitting at home watching Dick Clark (no more!) all alone and wishing I'd planned a damn party.
My mother was a party hosting machine. I need to just DO IT.
Anywhoodle, that's not really the point here. The point is: if I DID ever host a fabulous dinner party, who would I invite (besides you lovely bloggies, of course)? Ren and I discuss this all.the.time and our quiet classy dinner party quickly evolves into a wild night of singing with Reba, Pattie LuPone and Micheal Crawford, laughing with the entire cast of Friends and Bridesmaids, getting style lessons from Vera Wang and getting motherly advice from Bette Midler. It's kind of an eclectic group. Think it'd be a fun night indeed!
That said, I think I may be able to widdle my list down to a few. Here goes!
Reba McEntire because, well, y'all have seen "Reba", yes? And also, hello, Fancy? Done.
Patti LuPone. Mainly so I could shout "Shut up Patti LuPone!" a la Jack on Will&Grace.
Hugh Jackman. Obvious reasons.
Colin Firth. Again, obvious reasons.
Melissa Joan Hart. I'm pretty sure her character on Melissa & Joey is me. We'd be BFF, clearly.
F. Scott Fitzgerald. He'd document the evening in the sweeping manner that only he can.
Grace Kelly. We'd need a Princess of course! And I mean, don't you just want to talk to her and ask her about her wedding and about Cary Grant and Old Hollywood?
Ramin Karimloo. I haven't waxed poetic about my love of this wildly gifted man in a while, but, I suppose as we approach the one year since I saw him in Phantom 25 he's on my mind again. And also, I would get the dirt on a mutual friend we have, DUH. He, Hugh, Patti and Reba could sing--I mean, hello, I'd make a fortune off that recording.
Tory Burch. She could dress us all and seems like a freaking cool chick.
I'm sure there are 17,000 people I could list here, but, that's my short list for now.
Who would you invite to your dinner party? Oh! And what would you serve? I haven't even thought of that!
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I better be invited to this FAB dinner party! Don't worry the half breed can stay with her daddy.
Post a Comment