Thursday, September 27, 2012

Labor Day in St. Louis

This is long overdue, but.....

I hopped a plane to St Louis over the Labor Day holiday and spent a few glorious days snuggling my nephew, catching up with my soul sister and fellow H Jackman lover and of course, shopping. I feel like we always get ourselves into a bind with the shopping when we're together but, we can't help it!!

I so needed a weekend out of Dallas, which I know sounds horrible as I was just in Montana, and London, and !, but, the last few weeks had really, really kicked my ass and I just wanted to be in the arms of those who love me. I can honestly say it's the only time I haven't cried myself to sleep in ages--maybe I was just too tired to cry, or too happy. Either way, doesn't matter. I slept. AND there were no tears. 

Seriously, just sitting on their sofa, eating Thai (mmmmm red curry) and watching Love Actually the night I arrived was the happiest I'd been in a long while, no joke. I felt SAFE and loved--it was just what I needed.

Sara took me out to see The Lion King on Saturday and her husband hooked us up with a limo for the night, which was a huge surprise and SO kind. 
My best girl and me!

We had a lovely dinner and a great time at the show which was housed in one of the most beautiful theaters I've ever been to--seriously, check this out! I die. 



Sunday we just chilled, ate, played with the baby and went shopping, duh. We hit Nordstrom, J Crew and Anthropologie, or you know, the essentials.

I'd been flirting with this dress at Anthropologie for ages and finally bit the bullet. It's very retro, which I adore--very Rachel McAdams in The Notebook, which, HELLO, me. Me, me. 


Then THIS beauty I randomly fell I'm love with. Totally different from anything I own but i looooove it. I'm picturing it with nude fishnet tights, black pumps and my Pippa-esque orange coat in then winter. I think I should relive Broadway Birthday Extravaganza 2011 and I shall wear this. I MEAN COME ON. 

Both perfect for dates, I just, ya know, need someone to take me on a date. I'm totally creating a mail order husband company, I feel this is an untapped market. Surely there is some hot foreigner who WANTS to marry me for a Green Card? I'm willing to do this.  

Well, alright. That post was random. 


Precious baby Mac!

But I didn't buy any shoes or handbags in St. Louis, so GROWTH. 

Oh, Sara bought these. I wanty want want. But I didn't. I AM SO STRONG.

1 comment:

Sara McCarty said...

YAY!! Best weekend ever! And how did I once again not even manage to get out my camera? I am the worst! How do I even call myself a blogger these days? I mean, I should have been documenting our every move. I'm so glad you came to visit us and I'm so glad you had fun! We love you and miss you! Come back anytime...and we'll come visit you soon, promise!