Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Yes, yes, it's Thanksgiving for y'all, and yes, yes, I have to be cheesy and write a "thankful" post. If for no other reason than to just say "I'm grateful for all the lovely people who read this blog! Thank you for coming to my little piece of the internet! You all rock!"

But, tis the season and all, and while I'm away from my friends and family during this time of year and battling mucho mucho exhaustion and stress, I'd be remiss if I didn't take a moment to blab about the things that I'm truly grateful for this year.

These idiots.
Hard life. 

Butchie's burrito bowl

I don't have children, I have dogs. They're my babies.


My other half.
I love this girl!!


The Gus to my Shawn. The voice of reason to my crazy. The girl who understands the true value of $1.08. The person who truly gets ME. You know that's right.

This girl.
Adios 28 Date Night to see Mojo. The weirdest play ever, but, it had Q, Mr. Bates and Ron Weasley in it, so, ya know.

My roommate is better than your roommate. It's just honest fact.


This guy.
Y'all. I can't. 
I miss our date nights, our random adventures, laughing until I cry, holding his hand, and so much more, but despite the distance, he's mine and I'm his, and for that, I am thankful. (I know, gross, I almost just gagged too, it's fine)
Pixalated FaceTime is better than no FaceTime
He also gives really good birthday presents.
He went to Anthro. And sent me chips and salsa. He gets me.

Now I'm screwed cause I was gonna get him a scarf or some such bullshit for Christmas. Jerk.

This mama to be and her amazing friendship.
After her gender reveal party she sent me the kindest email! I'm truly blessed to call her a friend. 
We were friends before I moved to London, and now I'm basically her personal stalker. But, in a less creepy way.... I hope.

This mama and our BFF-ery.
You know everything there is to know about how much I love this girl. She's my person, my separated at birth sister, my confidant, my heart. And she gave me the greatest gift ever, my nephew!

She and her family have my heart.

This city and the opportunity I have to live here.
(blurry) London, baby!

My job.
These babies sat in the back and watched me teach my last pure barre class with tears in my eyes
My last day of work with my angel girls--daughters of my soul sister, Ro. They are the lights of my life.
From her birthday last year--still my favorite of us 

And my new job.
Please note the squinty face after my boss said "No! Smile for real!"

And for all the wrong turns, the mistakes, the oops moments that got me to where I am in life. I don't have it all figure out, it's not perfect, but, it's pretty dang good.

Oh. I'm also thankful that there is a Chipotle and Five Guys in London. PRIORITIES.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Cute post! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

SLynnRo said...

Is $1.08 a McDonald's Diet Coke?