Monday, November 25, 2013

Things I can't make up

Basically, I need to have a hidden camera on me at all times because the things I see daily on TfL are pretty hilarious but they don't sound it unless you see for yourself. There was also the cab driver who had NO IDEA where NW6 was andI basically had to direct him to my apartment from Covent Garden, which was FINE, but, really, it was unfair to make me pay twenty pounds (why doesn't my computer have the pound symbol?!) when instead of giggling with my roommate in the back seat, I was having to pay attention to which road and which turn and meh.

But! Then there are the conversations that T and I have. Which usually lead me to laughing until I cry. These cannot be made up, I am honestly not that creative.

Via FaceTime....
T: "What on earth are you wearing?!"
Me ::looks down, realizes I am wearing a purple lulu tank top:: "Oh! It's a work shirt. You've never really seen me in work clothes. I think you'd like it, I mean you have a girlfriend who wears spandex everyday. FOR WORK."
T: "No. No, I don't like it."
Me: ::dumbfounded::
T: "It just means other people get to see your shape and I don't. I don't like that."
Me: "I work with a bunch of women, it's fine! Not like I'm running around the high street in leggings!"
T: ::sighs:: "Yeah, but one of them could be gay. You don't know. Just wear a sweater, all I'm saying."

And later....

T: "I got to brag about you again yesterday!"
Me: "Oh yeah?"
T: "Yeah! This new guy at work just got back from Italy and asked me if I've ever been. 'No, not yet, but, I'm going to visit my girlfriend in Europe this spring and we're going.' 'What's she doing in Europe?' 'Oh, she goes to King's College in London and is getting her MA in Roman History as it pertains to England...(I always get it wrong, what's your degree in?!).' 'Oh wow, that's great! What does she do, is she a professor or a writer or something?'....'No.... She teaches yoga.'"
Me: "I hate my life."

Despite the fact that we are currently living 3,600 miles away from each other and yes, I am getting my master's in CLASSICAL STUDIES, FOCUS ON GREEK LITERATURE and yet I do in fact, just teach yoga, I'm so grateful to the laughs and random conversations we have.

I can't believe he's mine.

Dear Universe, well done.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Ha! Too cute. :)

The Pink Growl said...

hahahaha this is too cute!

Sara McCarty said...

I love seeing you in love. :) You're adorable. When can I meet him?