I am so excited because on Friday morning, my guy finally gets to London! Like, he's getting on a flight and coming 3,600 miles to see me! Isn't that the most romantic thing ever? I'm insanely giddy about the whole thing. Insanely giddy to drag him around London, to play tourist in Paris and show him Barcelona. It will be the most amazing two weeks of my life.
 |
| The first time either one of us had a "real" New Year's Eve date |
He is, an amazing guy. And I can't believe he's mine.
 |
| Our day in DC is one of my favorite days from 2013 and probably ever |
I can't believe he took a chance on us, when we'd only been dating three weeks and decided to try this whole ultra long distance thing. Looking back, it was completely crazy. I can't believe either one of us, honestly. But, here we are. And there's no one I've loved more, no on who's made me laugh more, who's supported me, or believed in me like him. I am truly grateful that we found each other.
 |
| And this was my least favorite day from 2013 and probably ever. The day I left Dallas |
We've somehow been able to cultivate a gorgeous relationship from 3,600 miles apart, which, I think is the most telling. We're in this together ya know. Sure, we've missed out on a lot of those regular couple things--calling after work and seeing if the other wants to get dinner; deciding whose house to stay at over the weekend; having dates with friends; work events; just sitting on the couch watching a movie--we've missed out on all of that, but, what we do have is so great that I wouldn't trade it for anything. And, the best part is, when I'm done here, I get to fly back to him and stay with him for a little bit since I can't move back into my house until September.
 |
| From my going away party--where he wanted to meet all my friends and stayed with a group of girls until the very end f the night. |
Anyways. I'm just really lucky. If you've been here for awhile you know my love life has been somewhat of a disaster the last few years, from major heartaches, to break ups and lonely nights, it hasn't been easy. But, apparently, all that hardship was leading somewhere really, really good.
And, most importantly, on Friday, I get to pick up the love of my life from the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport, just like Hugh Grant always said. Love Actually, is, all around.
 |
| Two beach bums who met in Dallas, having a snowy date in Baltimore |
2 comments:
Yay yay yay yay yay!!! I'm so excited for your romantic tour of Europe. You picked good cities to visit! I adore Barcelona. Please take LOTS of photos of your adorableness so I can live vicariously through you and your gorgeous boy toy while I sit here and drink crappy decaf coffee and watch it snow. UGH! I miss you, love. Also, please bring this stud to STL this summer to meet me, Mac and Mim. :) I bet we can find a camel for him to ride!!
I hope you have a terrific time!
Post a Comment