Friday, October 21, 2011

Till I Hear You Sing

I've been in a real state this week, and I'm not sure why. Just blah.

When I get in one of my moods, I tend to find something and latch onto it as a coping mechanism.

Currently, it's the Love Never Dies soundtrack (of this I blame my sister) (also, whatevs about the plot, the soundtrack is friggin awesome). Specifically, "Till I Hear You Sing".

I'm telling you, it's the anthem to my damn unborn child (which, let's be honest, is probably the real reason I'm seventeen different kinds of pissy).

Oh hi hot singer man!


It's sung by Ramin Karimloo, who is one of the newest additions to The Five ("but it's laminated!"). (you know I have a thing for a man who can sing. See also: Patrick Wilson and duh, HUGH JACKMAN)


(video from here) (swoonworthy Ramin photo from here)

The day starts, the day ends
Time crawls by
Night steals in, pacing the floor
The moments creep,
Yet I can’t bear to sleep
Till I hear you sing

And weeks pass, and months pass
Seasons fly
Still you don’t walk through the door
And in a haze
I count the silent days
Till I hear you sing once more.

And sometimes at night time
I dream that you are there
But wake holding nothing but the empty air

And years come, and years go
Time runs dry
Still I ache down to the core
My broken soul
Can’t be alive and whole
Till I hear you sing once more

And music, your music
It teases at my ear
I turn and it fades away and you’re not here

Let hopes pass, let dreams pass
Let them die
Without you, what are they for?
I’ll always feel
No more than halfway real
Till I hear you sing once more


I'll be ok.

The husband is going camping tonight, so, I have an evening of Hugh Jackman, et al planned.

It will probably also include veggie pizza and ice cream. I know, I live on the wild side.

Sorry to be a debbie downer today.

I promise, next week, we will be back to yapping about London, and more specifically, THE DRESS. I'm kinda hyperventilating just remembering it! Squee!

5 comments:

Kaci said...

XOXO to you!

bride4life said...

Did you see Hugh Jackman last night on Leno doing his old Music Man audition?

That Pink Girl said...

Pizza sounds like a perfect plan. I'm sorry you're down. Hope I get to see you tomorrow! Good luck on your run and enjoys your evening!

Becky said...

Dear darling girl,
You are *entitled* to being 17 different kinds of pissy. And a heck of a lot more, to tell the truth. It doesn't help to fight it, so indulge (for just a little while) and then things will look up soon, I promise. I'm here for you. I'm pulling for you. I'm praying for you.
XOXO!!!

photography by suzanne said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! That was a great piece of video. I love his voice.