Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Holiday Highlights

This was my first holiday proper away from our families, so, admittedly it was a bit different and yes, a little strange, but, I made it fun.

-I got to FaceTime with the bestie and about died laughing at her Elf on a Shelf paradies (fish on a dish, anyone?)
-I also FaceTimed with the royal sis and mom in which we sang The Lonely Goatherd and fawned over Colm Wilkinson. (Colm Wilkinson, our British husband, with my British boyfriend, Ramin in Les Mis 25. S-W-O-O-N)
-There were the endless text messages with the BFF and her relaying the story of how she set her dining table on fire in a very Ross Gellar/Phoebe's dollhouse situation. I hadn't laughed that hard since my surgery, and it hurt, but, let me tell you--WORTH IT.

-Sharing the love of Gilbert Blythe with my dear Becky.

-Mission Impossible movie date--Tom Cruise has redeemed himself from his couch jumping days, y'all!

-Phone calls and texts messages with my big sister and nieces.

-Way too many baked goods.

-A phone call with the baby sis, but only for like 5 minutes because the rest of the family are big phone hogs.

It wasn't the beach Christmas I've had all my life, but, it was just lovely--thank you to those of you who helped make it special. Muah!

Hope y'all had a very wonderful holiday!
xoxo

3 comments:

Sara McCarty said...

Ah! I just saw this post! Fish on a dish, pear on a bear, cup on a pup! I'm still cracking up over this...and Ryan still thinks I'm a total nutjob. Oh well, he married me!

Becky said...

Thanks for the shout-out, luv! You might think you're all sick in the head or whatever from Les Mis love (and well, ya might be), but you're also just the healthiest in that you count your blessings, even when the situation isn't totally fab. Like your Christmas (and like mine, too). We have to jut out our chins and have a stiff upper lip because we're British! And count our blessings, including our friendship. You're the best, SP. :)

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

"Fish on a Dish" - now that is my kind of Elf/Shelf deal. Merry belated Christmas & New Year to you, dear!