Wednesday, December 7, 2011

But wait! There's more!

Apparently there is more to do in NYC than fawn over Hugh Jackman?
News to me, but, we managed to do some other stuff too.
Like fawn over Harry Connick, Jr.

GAH SO DREAMY. DREAMY. DREAMY. D-R-E-A-M-Y.
At our first show of the weekend, HC,Jr.'s "On a Clear Day"
(none of y'all knew my mom, but, it freaks me out how much I look like her in that picture, like, literally, twins. Red lipstick and all!)

Sara made out with him a little bit. Game on, Jill Goodacre.
So did I. (rockin' my Princess Kate wannabe coat)
Inside St. James Theater--so pretty! It was directly across the street from where we saw Hugh and Phantom, so, basically, West 44th is the BEST STREET EVER.
After drooling over Harry and his to die for drawl, we headed out for food. Naturally.

I killed a milkshake and fries at 11PM.
Sara handled a BLT like a champ.
The following day (or HUGH DAY), we went to The Met, Central Park and the Plaza for tea.

This is one of my favorite Renior paintings, it reminds me of my nieces.
Of course, Houses of Parliament by Monet. Sigh.
Sara and her angel (of music) (I promise I'll stop) (soon) sculpture that we finally found. Cupid and Psyche, right?
I finally made it to Balto! If you don't the story of Balto, you just killed a bit of my soul, but, that's ok. I'll forgive you. I grew up with huskies and sled dogs, so, Balto is part of my DNA or something.
Our birthday tea service at The Plaza!
Channeling Elizabeth Bennett. I just re-read Pride and Prejudice two weeks ago, thus, everything is Pemberly, Darcy and Elizabeth--apologies.
Had to snap this for my Royal Sister, Sarah because I know how much she loves Bernadette Peters! I tweeted this picture before we went to see Hugh, giving the current Mrs. Jackman a warning.
In my idiot stupor talking with Hugh, I did manage to learn that today is his other wifes birthday, so, happy birthday to my sister wife Deb Jackman. She's fine with sharing her husband. It's cool.

I MEAN, I JUST LOVE HIM SO MUCH I'M WILLING TO SHARE WITH HER.
As you all know, I chowed at Shake Shack after we saw Hugh. And by "chowed" I mean drank my Coke because I was too flustered to actually eat even though I was starving.

Thus, this was Saturday morning breakfast.
Booyah. Hugh diet is over.

It's cool, we walked it off. Or, I'm going to think that.

We then went and saw Mary Poppins, which, oh my gosh, so much fun! I want to adopt the chick who plays Mary Poppins--she's just the cutest thing ever. Like, I want her to be my BFF.

And I'm certain I missed my calling in life. I could be on stage. I just need an agent. And to lose like 20 pounds. Totally doable.

Then I could like "work" with Hugh Jackman/Ramin Karimloo/Tam Mutu/Patrick Wilson--OMG IT'S A COMPLETELY BRILLIANT PLAN. (I introduced Sara to the swoon-worthiness that is Ramin and Tam--Google y'all, just, Google. And thank me later.)

I kinda look like I'm gonna eat Sara's face here. Oops.

Number 17 Cherry Tree Lane. Chim chim cher roo!
Saturday was our final night in the city (waaaaahhhh!) and we were off to see Hugh Number Two (Hugh Panaro) in The Phantom of The Opera.
So, I wore this of course--I mean, the red dress worked for Hugh Number One, I had high hopes for this baby.
Yup. This will never get old.
Sara's husband loves Phantom, which I think is adorable, so, this is for him!
"Lot 666, a chandelier in pieces." Ok, I promise I'll stop. Well, I'll try.
Did I mention we were second row, center? We were. This is really all my sister's fault.

This is probably my favorite non Hugh Jackman photo of the weekend!
Me and my signature Phantom Ponytail. Don't believe me? Proof here and here. I have a problem. Or, lack creativity. Probably both.
And even though we missed Hugh Number Two at the stage door, I still got to swoon with him.
Even though we're certain he's gay. I still think he would have loved my dress. I probably should have set my sights on the guy who played Rauol, he was pretty adorable too!

On Sunday we trekked to brunch with my Madrid Maraton partner in crime, Christy and then somehow ended up eating waffles as a post brunch snack? Win-win.

And then after a break at Barnes and Noble where I forced Sara to buy Rebecca (she's never read it! Have y'all read it? It's one of my favorite books EVER and, it's coming to Broadway this spring. I will be there, naturally) we were off to our respective stupid homes.

Stupid.

I'm still pinching myself, trying to make sure I didn't dream the whole weekend up!

However, my waistline says that I didn't. ;)

Thank you to my angel of music, Sara for an amazing weekend! I love you! Mwah!

6 comments:

Becky said...

Darling. Could I love you *any more*? I think not. You are living the LIFE right now, girlfriend! See, the Lord is just letting you have some great times and make wonderful memories before He settles you down with your babies. SEE???
Please come see me soon. I'm dying to sit on a couch with you and watch a zillion movies and have 3 zillion convos. Love you to pieces, beauty.
(You KILLED it with the dresses, those sparkly silver shoes, the white coat, the ruby red lips -- Lord have mercy!!!) :)

Dollface said...

Red dress is gorgeous!! just like you, xxxoo

Unknown said...

Darling. Adorable. Fun. And another word for you, of course...jealous! Do you know I have seen NOTHING that you saw (play wise) and it is all on my list! So I'm drooling. And you looked darling and Sara looked darling and, well, I just love it!

Sara McCarty said...

BEST.WEEKEND.EVER. Can I just say that again? So much fun and so wonderful to get to do all that stuff with you. Seriously, those dresses were worth every penny. And next year we will stalk Mr. Phantom until he leaves, no matter how late and cold it is. And I really want a chocolate malt right now.

That Pink Girl said...

I love how much FUN you had on this trip! Sounds like it did you a world of good!

Jessica said...

Yup. I'm definitely going with you next Spring. First of all, I've never been to NYC and never seen a Broadway show. Second of all, I vow to look as bomb ass as you do in those two dresses.