Tuesday, July 24, 2012

This Girl


Is surviving.
Is alive.
Is fighting.
Is lonely.
Is emotional.
Is wishing she was still in London.

Is going to be ok.
Is going to pull herself up by her bootstraps.
Is headed home for some family cuddles this week.
Is funny.
Is stronger than she believes.
Still has her zest for life.
Believes in love.

Knows that Hugh Jackman really is her true love in life.

Will settle for Colin Firth.Or Patrick Wilson--if she had to.

Is embarking on a mission to find herself and her place in this world.
Will look back on this time and laugh.
Will see the sun rise again.
Will laugh again.
Will sing again.
And will find all that which is good and pure in life because it is out there. Somewhere. Someday. Somehow.

Until then, until my eyes dry, the dust clears and the horizon shows itself I will be stronger than I ever thought I could be and I will cling to that which I know, hope and love.

And eventually this melancholy bullcrap will end. I promise.

And I'll tell you about how my cousin and I shut down a bar in London, ate too much in Cambridge and got lost in Notting Hill because her boyfriend is a big goober and I love him. It. Was. Awesome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love love love this post, and love you even more :)

Christy Ashley said...

Oh honey...I've been a horrible friend...and not read your blog because it doesn't pop up in my reader. I needed this post this morning because I needed to be told all of those same things. I miss you. I love you and yes, you will be ok.

Lucky in Love said...

I've been missing your sweet blog friend. I love you and I'm here for WHATEVER you need. Yours.