Monday, February 11, 2013

50 Shades of (Being Meredith) Grey

I alluded to it last week, but, not shockingly, my wee heart has had some troubles. In short, I felt like Meredith Grey in her whiny needy "pick me, choose me, love me" stage and it sucked--in the end, I did want him to pick me, to be brave enough to try again, and to try with me. I don't really want to talk about it, I mean, it took me however long to be able to talk about the Barricade Boy, so, no, not there yet (although, BB meant a great deal more, blah, blah). It's hard--always is. And made all the worse by Valentine's Day. And the ex getting married this weekend. FML.

So, I'm struggling. Like I said, even yogis get the blues.

And I can cling to all I have, and all that's ahead, and I am, but, sometimes it's ok to be sad--it's a human emotion and we aren't human if we don't welcome the good and the bad (is that yoga hippie enough for you??). Also doesn't mean I don't want to hole up in a movie theater with ten pounds of Twizzlers, enough Diet Coke to kill an elephant and watch Les Mis again and again, cause I do--but, I won't. Cause that's like legit crazyville. And I'm only medium crazyville. For now.

Instead, I will cling to this little ditty my cousin sent me ages ago:


And hey, hey God, yeah, preferably this one:
I have no words. Other than CHEEKBONES, FRECKLES, HAIR AND HE SINGS

Please and thank you.

(thanks y'all for hanging with me, I promise we'll be back to Anthro, Burberry and stupid shit in two shakes of a lamb's tail!)

2 comments:

Christy Ashley said...

STOP TRYING TO STEAL EDDIE REDMAYNE FROM ME! YOU ALREADY HAVE HUGH JACKMAN AND GERARD BUTLER! I only have Patrick Wilson, the score needs to be EVEN here. EVEN I SAY!

Mwah. I love you.

But seriously, back off.

Just kidding, I love you.

No but, Eddie is mine.

=)

Jessica said...

I want to tell you to hang in there, to just wait, to look to the days ahead... but you've already heard all that... so I'll just say I'm sending you hugs and love and hope things get infinitely better for you and God really does send you that sexy freckled Brit. <3