Thursday, July 18, 2013

Celebrate good times--come on!

Thank you all so much for the London love. I am very excited, and very spazzy! I have SO MUCH to do and it's the scariest thing I've ever done. Made all the worse because my London bestie pal will be in Las Vegas for THREE WEEKS starting when I arrive in London. Timing fail. I mean, who is going to meet me at Balan's for dinner when I freaking the heck out? Yeah, no one.

Good life choice, Shabbs, good.

To answer a few questions, I am studying Classics--which is basically Roman history and lit (nerd alert), the programme is 9 months or until I finish my dissertation (speaking of, I need to email my mentor and ya know, figure out what my dissertation will be on....I told you I am not smart!).

King's does provide housing, but, I am too old for that nonsense, and, I am bringing the crazy pups with me, so, I am hunting for a flat in the Chelsea/Fulham/Belgravia/South Ken/Notting Hill/Sheperd's Bush areas. Because my dreams of being a hipster in Shoreditch were crushed. I've come to terms that I will be broke for the rest of my life in attempting to finance a place in said parts of town, but, OH WELL.

After I had a few days to process everything, my friends came out of the woodwork to celebrate with me, which was so kind.

My friend Soleil and I went out to dinner in Bishop Arts on Friday night, to a little place called Bolsa where we had amazing food and the best little pot de creme ever!
Soul sisters at Bolsa 
On Saturday, my best gal and I planned a Bastille Day/King's brunch at a little French bistro in town. Her family has totally changed my life in the last year, and she was instrumental in my applying to, and being accepted at King's.

When I called to tell her, her daughter got on the phone and cried because "I won't see you for so, so long Miss Ally, please take me with you, please don't leave me!"--then I cried, naturally. Leaving them might kill me.
The loves of my life
Saturday night was my BFFFFFFFFF's birthday and we had a great night out. I got to catch up with my sorority sisters, and, of course, cried because the thought of leaving her makes me sick. But, ever the BFF, she's not letting me back down and I appreciate her so much for that.
BFF love. I cried two minutes later. 

Laughing with Lacey--Polaroids for the win!

I'm currently planning my going away party, and attempting to pack up my house. A little less glamourous, but, nessecary ya know. That said, if anyone wants to help me pack, I pay in baked good and French bulldog puppy snuggles. 
Gratuitous puppy picture
So, that's what I did last weekend. I celebrated the good times--and only freaked out a bit!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to look into selling a kidney for flat rental cash.

1 comment:

Sara McCarty said...

I still can't believe this is happening. I'm sure you can't either! AHHH!! I can't wait to see you tomorrow and talk about ALL THE BRITISH THINGS all weekend long! I mean, there is so much to discuss and so much celebrating to do! Are you bringing the baby pupcake? Can you just come now?