I had a really,
really amazing past few days.
 |
| My festive July 4th frock! |
I worked the morning of the 4th, and then spent the afternoon and evening BBQ-ing and swimming with some friends. Lance and Michelle found a place we could set off our own fireworks, and Lance has always wanted to that with his kiddos, having grown up in a fireworks family, I knew we
had to make this happen! Especially since my entire family is up at the ranch and I'm not there and won't be there this year and it breaks my heart. I needed some good ol black powder!
I teach Lance and Michelle's daughter in Sunday School and they shared Easter with me, along with Memorial Day. I just
adore them. They called to wish me good luck in Luxembourg. They invite me over for cookies. They are truly some of the greatest people I know. And I love their children
so much.
I brought back presents for their kiddos, and Elise named her teddy bear Londony, gave him an American flag and he (she?) ate BBQ with us. And she clutched him to her sweet little face while we watched fireworks. I gave their son a porcelain Beefeater that he could paint and he declared me his very best friend.
(I went to the bathroom and cried because I was so touched)
 |
| Meet Londony. |
They baked me cookies. They took me to the suburbs to set off fireworks and we called my family on speaker phone so we could all share the big bang boom pops of the fireworks. Their children cuddled with me. I taught their son to light sparklers. I felt such amazing joy. As we piled back into the car, I couldn't stop smiling. I was just so happy.
 |
| FIRE!!! |
My family really does up the 4th, and always has. I've hosted big cook outs and pool parties as an adult, it's just my tradition. I was heartsick to not be with my huge, loud family this year at the ranch, unable to have someone to share these traditions; I so desperately had hoped I'd meet someone and he'd be part of our holiday. Alas.....
I got more than I could've asked for!
 |
| The Celaya boys watching FIRE |
 |
| Big brother and little brother hugs, I die |
I was given even more! Trevor gave me this on Sunday--that's me with fireworks, a flag, and then of course, hearts and more fireworks. I cried a lot. He's my very best friend too!
Then! On Friday, my
bffffffffffff Sara came to town for a bachelorette party and I got to crash it for a few hours. It was mainly just an excuse to see her. Which,
duh.
 |
| Best friends in Fort Worth |
We caught up, we laughed, we ate tacos, we danced to some country music--it was
perfect. Just seeing her, I don't know what it is about our friendship, it just sets my heart at ease. And, bonus, I get to see her in two more weeks when I go to St. Louis for Cardinals games and Les Mis-ery! Hurruh!
Funniest thing is, her friends said we looked like sisters and they understand why we're besties, because we are basically the same person. Ha! Yes. It's true.
 |
| These were the door stamps at a bar in the Stockyards. I'm kind of obsessed with it. |
And she brought presents.
 |
| Already putting it to use.... Or, attempting to. |
Then on Saturday, I worked part day, and had brunch with a dear,
dear friend--wherein I left my number for the
cuuuuuuuuuute waiter (he hasn't called, because, obviously, this is my life, shit like that doesn't happen). (and I have never done anything like that in my life, but, hi, he looked like an older scruffy Thor, obviously I am going to attempt to make
that happen)
And played with these idiots.
Oh, I got a puppy a few weeks ago. Did I forget to mention that?
This is Miss Moneypenny.
 |
| She thinks she's a cat. No, she wasn't "using" it, she was just digging. Hence, the mess. |
This is how Ella Mae beagle feels about Moneypenny....
 |
| Unimpressed beagle is unimpressed |
And that, that my friends, is how I celebrated July 4th. And 5th. And 6th. Happy birthday America!!
2 comments:
Such a fabulous weekend and so wonderful to see you! I cannot wait to see you again in a few weeks. Wear something red on Friday! And LES MIS!!! With you!! Ahhh!!!
I'm jelly jellersons every time you two hang out. Stop it.
Post a Comment