I may not be the smartest cookie, I'm not attending Cambridge, I never applied to an Ivy; I might not understand chemistry, or, well, math for that matter, but, I have learned some things over these last nearly 30 (gag me) years of mine.
I know that friends become family, and that is what matters.
I know that this life isn't easy, but, it's not meant to be.
I've learned that we can change and grow so much in a short amount of time.
I know that time--and distance--heals almost all. Not all--ALMOST--all. (I'm still struggling)
I know that dreams can come true, you just have to fight for them.
I know that change is scary. Really, really scary.
I know that you are stronger than you ever thought you were.
I know that I wouldn't be alive if it weren't for the amazing friends who've pushed me, held me, loved me this last year.
I know I don't have it all figured out, I don't have the answers, I don't understand a lot of what I've been through, why I've been dealt this or that; I don't know!
But, I do know, that life goes on. We wake up, we drink our Diet Coke, stalk Kate Middleton, and continue along the life we lead. And it leads to great things. Great adventures. Great challenges. Great moments that define us and who we are.
And I know, I know that leaving this life I fought so hard for, this amazing life of musicals, of dance, of sunny poolside days and friendship, I know leaving it will be the hardest thing I've ever had to do, but, the great challenges that await me will be worth it.
And, I also know that finding an apartment in London should be an Olympic sport. Dear God!
But, I know I'll find a place. And the pups, my books, and my ice tray--that I will be bringing--will be impressibly happy. Living the dream.
Wish me luck! I'm London bound tomorrow for 38 hours to find a place to live! Quick and dirty, let's do this thing!
Wednesday, August 7, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I hope you find a bloody fantastic apartment!! :D
Call up Kate and ask if she can 'let you some rooms' in the palace! Surely they've got some space:) But seriously, I may just be an eensy bit jealous that you and Kate are now going to be able to call the same city 'home.' Amazing. Good luck on the apartment hunt!
I know that I love this post with all my heart! You are 100% correct on every account and I hope you continue to keep in touch after you move across the big pond!
Why am I not going to London with you to flat shop? This makes no sense to me? Don't you NEED your lawyer there with you to make sure you don't get swindled into signing some dirty contract with a slum lord or something? Right?
I am just getting back into the blog world and saw your news! I had been thinking of your London love, and then saw you are moving there! SO lucky! I am going to London for the first time next week, so I would love to have any and all your tips! :)
(This is Natalie from the Legally Married blog, by the way, just with a new blog now!)
Best of luck to you. You have a great way of looking at life. I know you will be a success at whatever you do.
Post a Comment