(my momma at Stonehenge)
My mom was a traveler. My mom never let anything hold her back. My mom was brave. She didn't live life in the backseat--she took life and lived it, every single day, no matter what.
I like to think I have those characteristics, but, let's be honest, I don't really. I pretend to be brave, brash and energetic, like my mom, although, I'm really not.
(feedin' a deer, camera in tow)
That said, I'm on a mission to be more like my mom--more importantly, to live a life my mom would be proud of. Which means, (mostly) cashing in my frequent flier miles and getting my travel on--seeing my friends and family, enjoying what I've been given.
I've somehow convinced my dad to go to London with me (might have played the "but I don't have a mooooooom" card. It's only the second time I've played that on him), which means, my thought process until I get there is just basically London, London, London, accents, London, tea, London, London. I apologize in advance.
I'm going to run a marathon relay in Maine with some of my best girls (squee!), I'm going to run Marine Corps Marathon with my mother in law. I'm going to give it my all and I'm going to love it. I'm gonna live life.
(at the beach in Waikiki)
There are a lot of things I don't have (kids!) (an accent!) (a pony!), but, there's a lot that I do have: great friends (who send me Princess Kate pictures, who love musicals as much as I do, who plan vacations with me, etc, I love y'all), family, puppies--and I am so very grateful for all that. I need to live a life that shows it.
(at Banff)
(at my grandpa's farmhouse)
I'm gonna be like my mom. No more backseat living for me.


12 comments:
I'll bet your mom is so very proud of you, right this very second & always. London (and accents and tea, oh my) ahoy!
Love all the pictures of Marilyn!!! Glad I stopped by for a visit. I know your mom is smiling at the life you are living and enjoying.
Are you really going to London with your dad? Awesome.
What a sweet post. Sounds like you had one incredible Mom :)
I love this post - awesome message!
I love this post! You ARE brave, you ARE spunky and you ARE taking the steps to live life to the fullest. You are going to have SO much fun with your dad making memories that will last a lifetime. Good for you!
I love this post! Good for you on focusing on really living your life! I love the back seat analogy. Perfect!
~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com
Your mom sounded like she was pretty adventurous! Have tons of fun in London. :)
Oh I love this post. But you're SO wrong - you are completely brave and energetic and active! Your mom would be incredibly proud of who you are because you're the BEST. Seriously, the BEST. I love you to pieces and I cannot wait for our hillbilly Arkansas weekend where we will spend the entire time planning your trip to London in September and OUR trip to London (and Austria) in April!
awww Al... love this post... and you are already like her!!! xxxoo
What a sweet post. Your mom is so proud of you, and she's probably smiling right this very moment :) Parents are the best source of inspiration and I look up to mine everyday. Good for you, girl, get after your dreams! Go make some waves!
CANT WAIT FOR MY ROYAL SISTER TO GET TO MAINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEE. that. is. all. xoxo
I'm sure your mom is very proud of you!!
so jealous of your London trip! I will live vicariously through you!!
Are you going to Stonehenge and recreating your mom's photo?
Post a Comment