Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Last minute SLC

Apologies that I've been MIA! I had a cold from hell and then had to make a last minute trip to Utah for my cousin's art gallery re-grand opening in downtown Salt Lake which was so much fun!

Here's the shake down:

Sigh. Love those mountains. That view almost makes up for the cousin moving to Sandy. I judge suburbs, you know this.
Made my standard trek to Temple Square where I wanted to hug each and every missionary because I just see the baby sister in all of them. (less than ONE MONTH!)
This statue always makes me cry. Reminds me of the sacrifices my great great whatever grandparents made for their future. And then I walk around humming Come, Come Ye Saints all day. "No toil nor labor fear, but with joy, wend your way".

A little modeling in Park City. It was HOT. I really wouldn't have wanted to be skiing--mid 50s!
I wore my favorite black heels to the cousin's gallery opening, but, apparently they are not cut out for standing in for hours. Sprinting down West 44th to see Harry and Hugh x2? SUUUUURE. Didn't hurt at all (no, really). So, I had to do a last minute flats purchase.

J. Crew outlet--love. They're actually more of a coral than straight orange. They also had a bronze, which, I want too! And they are super comfy. I know they aren't Tory Burch and all, but, those dang flats hurt. Utah outlets FTW!
Painting in the cousin's gallery that I need--for obvious reasons!
And, because karma or Murphy's Law or whatever seems to be my constant companion, the last few days have been draining. But, luckily, my copy of Love Never Dies got here today (early!). Thank you British BluRay Gods!
So, that's where I've been, what I've been doing and clearly, what I will be doing for the next, ya know, week.

What have y'all been up to?

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Those mountains are gorgeous!! And I shall steal those flats.

Lindsey said...

Ahhhh that mountain view is amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Ya know, the views in Boulder are pretty fabulous too. Just sayin' ;) Congrats to your cuz on the art gallery... that's BALLER.

The Pink Growl said...

SLC is so pretty! I love love love those orange flats! I need to look them up online!

Sara McCarty said...

When did you go to SLC? and how did I completely miss that? AND why do I not own those shoes? LOVE.

REBrown said...

Those flats are super cute! I'm not a huge Revas fan either.