Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Princess at a Palace

Have I mentioned that my sister and I loved Spain? Cause we did. Lots. Barcelona was 100% OUR CITY, but we loved Madrid. Loved, loved, loved it. We did our sightseeing in Madrid and planted ourselves on a beach in Barcelona--surprising, no?

So, here we are in Madrid. At the Palacio Real. That's Royal Palace to you. And to be clear, I do not speak Spanish.
Horse guards at the palace. Fancy, no?


Doesn't it look just like Buckingham Palace? So, who copied who?

A little park/plaza near the palace. WANT TO LIVE HERE.

These guards don't mess around, yo. Take note British monarchy, take note. (oh my gah I feel like I should be tarred and feathered for that! WHO AM I? {I'm Jean Valjean}--like you DIDN'T see that coming)


Side view of the Cathedral from the front of the Palace. I KNOW.


Little section of town near the Palace. Very much reminded me of Paris, loved it.


Princess at the Palace. In the wind. Tres chic.

Sisters!!

Gardens of the Palace. I'm telling you, it was amazingly gorgeous.


And the Spaniard magnet herself, my sister. Tall, blonde and gorgeous--obviously. (everyone in Spain thought my hair was HILARIOUS. Would not have been an issue in Ireland)

This part of Madrid was hands down our favorite. We sat in a little park and chatted for a while and THEN we came back the next day and explored the opera house (again, act surprised) and strolled up little streets that looked straight out of Italy.

If you ever get to Madrid, hightail it to the Palacio Real and wander for HOURS. You can thank me later.

Preferably in pain au chocolate and Burberry. Or, cute actors stolen from the West End. Or Hugh Jackman. See, I'm easy.

You're welcome.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

You're gorgeous. Your sister is gorgeous. That palace is gorgeous.

Kaci said...

Looks amazing!

Samantha said...

Looks like y'all had a ball!

Carolyn said...

OMG. Take me there. Now. Seriously. :(

Anonymous said...

So beautiful - looks like you really did have the time of your life. My in-laws have been talking about a trip to Spain and now I'm crossing my fingers that we'll be asked to tag along. :)