Monday, November 5, 2012

La via en Grinch

This is me.

Source: google.com via Shabby on Pinterest


Every year.

Always.

And this year I am sure will be even worse. But, I am going to make a serious effort to counter that this year, to not be so Scroogey Grinchy. After all, I've a lot to be thankful and grateful for. I have friends that keep me laughing, family that truly "gets" me. A roof over my head and showtunes in my heart. I'm lucky.

And as I write this, I am jamming to my Harry Connick, Jr Christmas Pandora station, sipping a cider (holla Starbucks!) and buying ALL THE THINGS for my post Christmas pond hop. If that doesn't get me in the holiday spirit, nothing will!

(fully aware that it's November and I'm just skipping Thanksgiving, so sue me)

What are some of your favorite ways to feel festive?

4 comments:

TexanCouture said...

My holiday guilty pleasure is Hanson's Snow In cd - embarrassing I know! Also really love Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf's Winter Dream Latte counting down the days until they serve those again!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Surprise! Listening to HCJ's Christmas albums is also how I get into the spirit. I take an occasional Michael Buble break, but HCJ and tree trimming (insert bad joke here about Harry decking my halls) is where it's at for me.

Sara McCarty said...

Hey there Grinchy. We're skipping Christmas this year and going to the islands. How about you join us? Please!

Kaci said...

I feel totally Grinchy this year too. Ugh. XO