This week we celebrate Thanksgiving. A holiday I've never been a fan of because it always got in the way with my birthday (yup, I'm selfish) and well, as a girl who has struggled with her weight and appearance since birth, a holiday dedicated to food isn't ever going to be fun for me. Just let me have my apple pie and Diet Coke and I'm happy.
Also, you haven't lived until your father has put birthday candles in a turkey. You're welcome.
There have been a lot of crappy things this year, a lot that I am not thankful for, but, also plenty of things that I am thankful for.
I got to go to Madrid and run a marathon with Christy. I spent two weeks catching up with my Canuck, Rachel.
I went back to London with my cousin.
I spent time with amazing friends.
My best friend had a baby! I got to snuggle said baby.
I went to Maine and saw my Loves.
I collected ALL THE PASSPORT STAMPS.
I am thankful for all of you that have held my hand, dried my tears, made me laugh, upheld me and just been there. Thank you. Thank you--from the bottom of my cold, dark, Grinchy heart.
Monday, November 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I kinda feel the same way! Even though all the crazy and even bad things that have happened this year, I'm glad that we BOTH can see the good too. Hope 2013 is the BEST for both of us! XOXO
Looking for the good in the bad is what will get you through all of this. Love you and I can't wait to see what 2013 has for you!
I am thankful for YOU! I love you red. You're the BEST! Love and hugs and baby Mac slobber kisses. Hope you're having a wonderful pre-birthday week! I'm working on finding a time to get myself and possibly my child to Dallas to visit sometime (February?).
I LOVE YOU!!!
Post a Comment