So, a really long ass time ago, I saved The Last of The Mohicans into my Netflix instant que because I absolutely adore that movie, but, it's one of those "must be in the mood to watch" types, ya know?
A few days ago, I decided I was strong enough to watch it. Bring on early 90s Daniel Day Lewis! Welp, Netflix took it away and although I wanted my DDL fix something fierce, I absolutely did not want to watch My Left Foot, or The Crucible, so, I just sulked like an angry child. Eventually deciding that I would just go buy the DVD.
I had a pretty craptastic weekend, lots of tears, lots of heartache, lots of pain, and on Sunday, all I wanted was a fire, some cider and freaking Mohicans. After hunting all of God's green earth, I finally found it on BluRay but the DVD refused to work. I cried.
Deciding to be a technie genius I sought out to download Amazing Instant Video onto my TV. And that didn't work.
So I cried some more.
Then, eventually, whilst watching my husband Hugh on 60 Minutes (LES MIS OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I CANNOT EVEN OMG) Amazon suddenly decided to work! Huzzah!
After more tears, remote control throwing and Diet Coke drinking, I finally had fancy pants Amazon Instant Video on my TV and got to watch The Last of The Mohicans and cry even more with his "I will find you. No matter how long or how far away, I will find you." oh DDL, you slay me every single time!!
So, that, my friends, is how Daniel Day Lewis made me insane, but resulted in my TV being the coolest ever.
Now, I have a huge TV with endless movie and TV episode watching abilities, where are the damn men? (well, men who aren't mute half donkeys or dirty peasant wankers....sigh...)
Helllllllooooo....?!
Monday, December 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I was in that movie!
They filmed part of it on my parents farm and cast me as a little girl. You can see me in the scene where they are walking through the field with trees on either side and the indians ambush them.
Boo. I'm sorry you had such a bad weekend. I hope you are feeling better now!
Would now be an inappropriate time to let you know that I have never seen this movie. I think I will Amazon Instant watch it too.
Woman, I hate that you had such a craptastic weekend. I'm glad Hugh and DDL cheered you up, but I wish I was there with Baby Mac to make you smile and take you shopping and force feed you gelato. We need to schedule a trip down asap.
Post a Comment