Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Happenings


So, Easter happened.

And I survived. It was a hard day, to be sure. I cried a lot more than I expected. It was my first real single girl holiday--Thanksgiving, I was with my family (and dating someone), Christmas, I was with my family (and dating someone); New Year's, I was with my Molls in London (and dating someone), Valentine's Day, I was NOT dating someone, but, I was so busy with yoga that I honestly didn't care-- I had my yogis by my side.

Easter, was... different. My folks didn't even invite me home, and I knew if I didn't host a dinner, I'd be all alone. But, it was really nice to have people in my house again. Aside from my cat assaulting my Ro's daughter and my inability to set a formal dinner table, it was great!
I goofed off with Kim's kiddo at church

I wore ALL THE PASTELS. With a side of Valentino of course.
 Yeah, I bought the Anthro dress. Couldn't get the pink on in time, boo hiss! I suck at budgeting.
Full length dress shot on the left--I added a jacket for church.

I did this to the boxer. He hates me.

I can't be trusted to plan events--look at this food!
We ate a lot--I made scones (obvs), we drank lemonade and had an Easter egg hunt. I never need to eat again ever

Yesterday I ran like a mad woman all day but had a few brief moments at home and sat outside with the pups for a spell. 
Resulted in FOUR mosquito bites. Texas, you're on my list.
After 20 minutes outside, I ventured back into Dallas traffic for team headshots at the new studio. I teased my hair to heaven height and wore more makeup than a British drag queen (if you know me, you know why this is funny to me)--it was hilarious to see us all "done" up. 
Reliving my theatre days sharing a mirror
But, it was worth it--have you ever seen a more fabulous group? These girls are amazing and I can't believe I am part of their team!
Sarah, Amanda, Erica and yours truly (WTF, is that wisp of baby hair doing?!)

So, that's about what my last few days have been. Not exactly exciting, but, still, kinda great. 

How are y'all?

3 comments:

REBrown said...

So jealous that you can be outside (mosquito bites and all!).

Samantha said...

The dress looks wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I'm in love with your house, for the record. A gorgeous backyard with a POOL. Granite counter tops and white cabinets. Hardwood flooring. I die. I die.

Anyways, 1. you're adorbs 2. Boxer+pink bunny ears = my favorite 3. can you be my personal fashion advisor?