Tuesday, April 16, 2013

We continue to run

Nothing I can say hasn't already been said, nor will do justice to the horror that happened yesterday.

But, I can remember the wonderful memories I've made there, the power of the human spirit and remember that no matter what, I am a runner. I'll never run Boston, ever (well, maybe when I'm like 89), but, as a runner, it is THE event of our sport, and it impacts us all.

That cannot be taken away from me--from us. Our community is strong, resilient and united. We will continue to run, we will continue to love and we will support our beloved Boston and those lives lost, those injured and those who will never be the same again. We love you, we pray for you, and we will run to honor you.

For me, this will always be Boston:
My marathon guru, Sam, booking it down Boylston in 2011. We cried so hard seeing him that day!

Redhead sandwich in front of our spectating spot at Trader Joe's (um, Red? I miss your face)

Acting like idiots with my Maine girls, Danielle and Sarah 

Red Sox games and singing Sweet Caroline 

Running the BAA 5k with my best girl, Christie--Boston is where we met in 2010!
Blessed to have those memories, blessed to know those people, blessed to have experienced Boston.

I am so grateful that my friends who were in Boston yesterday are safe--I cannot imagine how they are feeling, please keep them in your prayers.

xoxox

2 comments: