My darling long time bestie Amy always says "no! You are single & fabulous EXCLAMATION POINT!", which, naturally, is one of the 8,754 reasons I love her. But, sometimes, it's hard to remove that question mark from a statement about your life, especially when you aren't really sure how to change it.
I could give you my standard "I had a dream my life would be, so different from this hell I'm living" speech, because, you know, I did have a dream and all that, but, not today. Today, on April 1, I am claiming April 2013 as MY month. This whole "my" year thing, is just too taxing and honestly, the first few months have sucked donkey weenie, so, meh.
But! April 2013? Oh it is on!
The new studio opens (come take classes with meeeeeeee! I will kick your butt and you will love me for it--kind of), I am introducing my redheaded boo Rora to Wicked (can you believe my musical theatre girl has never seen Wicked?! I know, it's shameful), hopefully taking my kindred spirit and generally lovely Dallas pal, Soliel to the Dallas Symphony Orchestra's production of Carmen, my bestie and nephew are coming to visit (YOU GUYS!) and I am jetting home for a quick weekend of In N Out-ing, sister snuggles and See's Candy.
It might not be the life I had envisioned, or even the month I had envisioned, but, hot damn it is shaping up to be pretty dang great.
I might not have a man by my side, or even within spitting distance, I might repel them like oil and water, my heart may still be grieving, but, I am fabulous. Or, something less bratty.
Single & Fabulous! Exclamation point.
Monday, April 1, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
You are single & FABULOUS!!!!!
I think it all takes time. Sometimes longer than you think it will take. I think it takes more time for girls to get over than guys. Especially if the girl wasn't the offending party.
That said, one day it will all be better and different and fabulous. And it will be a new more amazing dream than you ever thought you would have the first time around.
Sidenote: I want to see a full length of the Easter outfit your posted on Instagram. Looked very pretty.
Post a Comment