Wednesday, June 26, 2013

"The dream that you wish will come true"

We interrupt your regularly scheduled "Shabbs Made A Whole Lot O' Bad/Awesome/Hilarious Decisions in Europe" programing to share with you this (don't worry, the story about booze smuggling is coming up next!)

I haz the wallows. 

I tend to wallow when I get home from the UK. I tend to wallow when I am not thrown head first back into cuddles and snuggles with those I love (those I love happen to be in bloody England and or at the family ranch currently, I am in neither of those places). I tend to wallow after a major catch up with my actor bff--it's hard being so far away from someone who is my person--who brings with him "my people" and puts myself back together. I wallow when I can't talk to Molly about going to The Anchor and what happened on Eurovision. I wallow when I can't share a table at Balan's with my British best bud. I wallow because I think of "what if" and the "what could" and the "why not".

I wallow.

And I dream.

And I hope.

And although I am an Ariel, lesbihonest, I fancy myself a Cinderella--and I dream some more.


"No matter how your heart is grieving, If you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true..."

Maybe someday I will have the life I dream of when I am fast asleep. Maybe someday I will wake up to the future I've always longed for. Maybe one day, the dream that I wish, will come true.....

Until then, I shall wallow.

And also tell you about stealing booze from a pub and wearing/ruining $700 (I GOT THEM FOR A STEAL ON SALE I DIDN'T ACTUALLY PAY $700 CALM THE HECK DOWN) shoes in Stoke on Trent. Because, those stories are just funny! And, really, kind of awesome.

1 comment:

Sara McCarty said...

Sorry you're wallowing, my love. But just think...ONLY NINE MORE DAYS until you get to hang out with moi at BILLY BOB's! If that doesn't put a giant fucking smile on your face, nothing will!