Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"Bucket List"

So, everyone has a bazillion things they'd like to do in their lifetime, so, I'll just cut to the chase: I'm creating my "bucket list" of sorts--things I'd love to do. Things I've done. Goals I'll set. Things I'd like to tell my grandchildren about.
I've seen too many lives cut short, and, if anyone knows me, then, you know that I'm not one to sit back and let life happen. So, that said, I'm going to make my own life happen.

For starters....

What I have done:

-Met a Presidential candidate
-Been to a political rally (or 2, or 3), and been [this close]to the President
-Met a General Authority
-Been to Ireland
-Seen the Changing of The Guards
-Snorkeled off the shores of Peter Island
-Jumped off the top of the Willy T at Norman Island, BVI
-Graduated from a top-notch college
-Saw sea turtles in Hawaii
-Saw Colin Ferrell at the airport (best day of my life, hands down)
-Swam with a barracuda in the BVIs
-Ate caviar
-Went to NASA and tried to see a shuttle launch (weather killed that day)
-Become Queen of Invoices at my office
-Bought a house
-Met Walter Cronkite
-Been to a NY Knicks game in a box at Madison Square Garden
-Been to Liberty Hall and seen the Bell
-Been to all the monuments in DC
-Fell in love with the museums in NYC and DC
-Bartered on Canal Street
-Been to the top of the Statue of Liberty with a cast on my foot (no crutches!)
-Been an NCAA athlete
-Seen the Grand Canyon
-Got a pitch in Business Week
-Been to Mardi Gras
-Seen a Navy Change of Command ceremony

Clearly, I'm sure, there is tons more...

What I'd like to do (oh this could take a while)

-Go to Italy
-Learn Italian
-Learn French & thus, travel through France
-More specifically, watch the Tour de France in the Alps, or, the finish at the Champs-Elysées
-Explore the East Coast
-Get my masters in something
-Attend the Kentucky Derby and sit in Millionaires Row. Or the Preakness, or Belmont--I'm not picky. I just want to wear the hats.
-Attend a Notre Dame football game
-Travel all 50 states (really)
-See the Northern Lights
-Scotland (enough said)
-Sweden (ditto)
-Buy my pink shoes
-Have a closet full of pink shoes
-Buy something Chanel (that is not makeup or perfume)
-Fly first class
-Take better pictures
-Learn to be crafty
-Throw a penny into the Trevi Fountain
-Eat sketchy food in Morocco with Lauren
-Walk into the Monte Carlo in Monaco
-Tan on a yacht somewhere in the Mediterranean (Crete, Santorini, I'm not picky)
-Eat gelato in Positano
-Decorate my house with my mom and Lauren's photos
-Try beluga caviar
-Have breakfast at Tiffany's
-learn to make chocolate croissants
-Publish my book
-Cry my eyes out at a movie theatre because there's a preview for a movie inspired by the book
-Write a sequel
-Pick the cast for the movie
-Attend the premier with Lauren, Evie and Rachel
-Spend more than 3 days in Utah at a time
-Manage to not get lost in the LA Temple
-Session with my family at the SLC Temple
-Know that with God, all things are possible
-Smile more
-Finally, get my tiara

So much do to, and not enough time to do it! I better get crackin'!

No comments: