Thursday, May 22, 2008

I want the Mr. Beaumont!

(bff L will understand the title of this post)

So, I've spent the last few days not feeling so hot, which is the pits. Shabby Prince thinks it's because the rest of the Royal Family is coming to visit this weekend and I'm a stress-basket. Which is probably true. I don't do well with family visits. Which means, Lord help me survive the holidays because I am refusing to drive back to California for the holidays this year. Yikes.

Anyways, being sick hasn't put me in the best frame of mind, and, as you already know, I've been rather bitter about some "friends", etc. (fyi, one of those "friends" contacted me yesterday and it put a huge smile on my face. Couldn't have been happier)

Also, when I was younger, my mom and I had always planned these grand adventures that we'd do after I graduated college. Needless to say, none have happened. Not a one. So, during the course of the last 6 months or so, bff (she knows who she is) and I started planning--the deal was, we'd go in the summer, before I started working full-time at a permanent home, therefor, I wouldn't have to use any vacation time. I should also mention, my whole life, I've been fascinated with Northern Europe. We're talking Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Russia--the whole shebang. It also doesn't help matters that the conference room I sat in nearly every day for three months was covered in pictures of Helsinki, Finland (and, you have to say 'Helsinki' because you can't say it with a frown on your face). And, I really, really, really want to go to Stockholm. Like you wouldn't believe. I've even contemplated learning Swedish!! (um, I speak English, and that's it)

So, I'm so happy for bff who is going n vacay this summer to all those locations that I wanted to tag along to, she's an amazing photog, so, I'll have the amazing photos she'll take and the stories she'll tell to relive the event myself. But, imagine my surprise when I saw her itinerary this morning and felt the tears cascading down my face. Really. Just in tears! In my office, at 8:45 AM, crying hysterically. And I don't know why. Maybe jealousy? (let's hope not, because, I hate jealousy. And I love her too, too much to be jealous.) But, I really think just sadness. Sadness that I can't go on a European vacay. Instead, I chose to buy a castle for the Shabby Prince, myself and the Royal PuppyPants, thus, depleting my travel fund....And, well, work hasn't exactly "worked" the way I'd like it to, so....I'm not tagging along with the photog on her fabulous vacay....And, I'm teary over the whole thing.

Which sucks.

Because I've really been trying to be happier lately. Even if I'm lonely. All the freaking time. (HannaPup makes me smile. She laid next to me when I came home early from work yesterday. She loves me.....As long as I feed her. fyi, she hates her current food and won't eat it because it's diet food. true story)

But. On a lighter note. I'm wearing this dress today:

(um, clearly, this is not The Shabby Princess)

How could you not feel good wearing this dress?? I call it my Sailor Dress--as I picture myself jetting off somewhere in the Hamptons wearing this little number. And, according to my boss it looks great on my frame (yay A-line!). And, I'm wearing red high heels. So, I kind of feel a little 4th of July-ish....I figure it's almost Memorial Day. Therefor, I'm festive. So, I'm a Sailor today. I could go sailing. That would be a blast. I hear Martha's Vineyard is fab this time of year.... Oh sigh... (also, L, who names their boat Coast Guard anyway?)

So, I must chin up. One cannot be sad while wearing the Sailor Dress and red high heels. Anyways, at some point, I'll have to go to Sweden for research anyway. Bff L will come with, as she will understand why we'll have to go, and while we're there, she may as well show be around where she went during summer of 2008. And we'll reminisce, and it will be fabulous. So, one day, soon, when I'll be in Stockholm doing research. I'll also have to try on Badgley Mishka wedding gowns and Jimmy Choo's for research too.

Maybe by that point, I'll speak some Swedish....

And, maybe, instead of a vacay this year, I'll just buy my shoes.

Ah, bliss....


No comments: