Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Color Me Festive

(little mistletoe ball under the door in our entryway. That may or may not accidentally stay up all year)

Y'all, I'm finally in the holiday spirit.

And not a moment too soon, obviously.

I've spent the last few nights Christmas shopping like a madwoman. Seriously, what did we do before the internet? And more specifically, before Etsy? I bought four Christmas gifts from Etsy last night. FOUR. And I'm pretty thrilled about them. Hopefully, the recipients are too--otherwise, I'm keeping them for myself. Again, festive.

I'm fairly certain that this all came to pass because of the sugar coma I ate myself into on Sunday baking cookies with my first college friend ever. We met in line for the dorms. Literally, she was the first person I met. Years and 6 cups of sugar later, we're still going strong. Of course, I've gained 5 lbs since Sunday, but, you know, it's insulation.

Between listening to Christmas music 24/7 ("All I Want For Christmas Is Youuuuuuuuu") and the holiday baking spell, I'd say it's feeling rather festive for me.

For that, I am grateful.

Now, I just have to hope that my online shopping pans out into delivery before Christmas Eve and we're all set.

In less than a week, I'll be back in California--shopping with my big sis, harassing my nieces, snuggling my nephew and seeing old friends. <-- That? Is enough to turn my frown upside down.

How are you getting into the Christmas season?

4 comments:

Deepali said...

Cooking warm soups, stews and cookies! Although with every good intention of making rice crispie treats this weekend I bought the ingredients, only to dig into the marshmallows as soon as the bag hit my kitchen counter. Seriously, no self control. Now I have to buy more, which means I'll eat more. I blame the baby in my belly.

Anonymous said...

Yesssss, Mariah. Hehe. omgggg 5 days till I get to leave for Christmas break. Can't wait!

Sara McCarty said...

Yay!! I've been feeling rather festive myself lately too. I made Ryan watch Love Actually with me the other night and that really lifted my spirits. About A Boy is next on my list. Gotta get my fill of Hugh Grant first, then I can watch all the other Christmas movies.

Jessica said...

Aggravating my family at Christmastime is always fun. It brings us closer together. I think.