Tuesday, December 7, 2010

WebMD was wrong

I am not dying of TB (aka "consumption"), whopping cough, or pneumonia.

Nope. Just a good old fashioned COLD. My doctor said "this particular strain should clear up by the New Year."

Which, as I'm clutching wrapping paper and gift receipts, I realize isn't too far away, but, still, that's like a lifetime in terms of being sick. And, of course, my husband is sick too, so, our house looks like a tornado hit it because neither of us is lifting a finger to clean anything and I've double booked myself nearly every single day this week. Am an idiot.

On the plus side, I was given cough syrup (which I say like "seer-up", how do you say it? Or do you say "sir-up"?) with codeine in it, which definitely means a drunky drunk SP last night. HILARIOUS to all involved, I'm sure.

True Story: I was whispering sweet nothings to Scott Caan on Hawaii Five-O last night. Which, in general, I could take or leave the show, but, Scott Caan plus JIN (from Lost, duh), I mean, I won't turn it off.

image from here
And hello, do we not remember Scott Caan as Tweeder on Varsity Blues? Obviously.
image from here

True Story Number Two: That movie pretty much defined my high school experience.

True Story Number Three: I might still be a teensy bit tipsy.

True Story Number Four: I still have a cough.


It's going to be a long week.

9 comments:

Jen Feeny said...

I say syrup the same way! LOL! Also, I love a good drunk night from codeine... my friends and I in college used to call it magic syrup because we'd be drooling on ourselves and everything was so funny whenever we got sick. LOL! Feel better darling!!!

P.S. I might have to watch that tonight just for old times sake!

UltraMamaC said...

LMAO!! SEER-up!! We will all now say it properly from now on!! Mrs. Butterworth's or Dayquil, no matter!! Hope you feel better soon, but honestly, these seer-up drunk posts would end, and that would make me sad!!

misszippy said...

Feel better soon...although it sounds like the cough syrup is making life a bit easier right now!

A Compassionate Calling said...

I hate colds like that! Since it's just a cold you feel like you have go about life as normal but it's more than just a cold. I always get colds when I'm stressed. It's way better than getting the flu though. Although I'm perfectly healthy I haven't started my Christmas shopping at all. Aaaa!

Sara McCarty said...

Boo! Still sick? Yuck! Hopefully the doc was wrong and it won't last all the way to the New Year. You must get better for Christmas! Think of the presents! I think The Nutcracker would make you feel better - go watch it! It'd be really fantastic with your magic drunk syrup. I say "sir-up" - is that wrong?

d.a.r. said...

Until January?!?! Omg, I hope not. Glad you don't have consumption, at least.

It's "sir-up".

Jessica said...

Sir-up is the correct pronunciation in my house. ;)

Scott Caan == YUMOLICIOUS

Brittany Ann said...

Dude, drink some syrup for me, would you?

I'd kill for a bit of a buzz this pregnancy;)

REBrown said...

I must have the same strain....if it lasts until New Year's I may strangle someone!