Thursday, December 2, 2010

I wanted to show you pictures from Thanksgiving

But, instead I'm going to mope around like a sad little puppy because wouldn't you know it, I have a cold.

And not like a kinda sorta tickle in your throat type of cold. No. The I Didn't Even Make it Halfway Through Psych and Then Coughed All Night And Have Eaten My Weight In Gummi Bears and Ice Cream Because Good God That's All I Can Stomach Right Now --type of cold.

Did I mention I have two 12+ hour days ahead of me and a half marathon this weekend? Lord, help me.

Send TheraFlu. And Diet Coke. And season 3 of Burn Notice on DVD. And Agent Booth while you're at it. And Hugh Jackman. I hear that Australian accents actually cure a cold.

I'm going to go attempt to work since I have a major project due today. And then probably go pass out somewhere near the watercooler around 3 o'clock.

If you don't hear from me by next week, please, alert the authorities (and Hugh Jackman. I'm sure he'll be concerned).

(It's pretty clear that even sick, I'm nothing if not dramatic. Why I'm not an actress, I'll never know.)

Non germy hugs,
SP

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ugh! Feel better! I have a major headache and it is making work drag!

Dollface said...

I know it sounds weird/gross, but gargling with hydrogen peroxide always does the trick for me! It burns all the infection away... and remember its not lethal, we use it in toothpaste!! xxxooo

That Pink Girl said...

Boo to being sick. Feel better soon!

Sara McCarty said...

Oh honey. I'm so sorry you're feeling bad. I had the same thing last week. Coughing and hacking my lungs and esophagus out all over the place. It is NO FUN. Take it easy over the next couple days and rest. It just has to run it's course. Hopefully you'll be feeling much better by early next week. Let the puppies take care of you at home. Maybe you can teach them to fetch cold meds? Hope you feel better soon!

REBrown said...

Take that Airborne! (Even though I just googled and saw that they got sued b/c it doesn't really work!)

REBrown
rekdbrown.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

If Australian accents cure a cold, can you send me Keith Urban? Yum. I'm healed. ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh no, feel better my dear! Drink lots of OJ! I hope this snaps out of your system soon!

d.a.r. said...

Oh sweets, please tell me you didn't run this weekend like that?!?!?!

Get in bed, under the covers, wearing ratty/comfy old pjs, watch trashy tv, and demand to be waited on like a princess.

In other words, feel better soon!!