I hope y'all had a very wonderful Christmas with family and friends. I know I did.
I also know that my big sister is a total enabler and I'm now broke thanks to all the shopping we did. Even with 40% off sales, my wallet is still a bit thinner. Hmmmm.... I can't complain too much--we all know a shopping afternoon with my girls is one of my favorite things.
I'll have many more holiday pictures and updates soon, but, I have to tell y'all about the best gift I've ever received.
I got it on Christmas Eve. (nope, not pregnant, since I realize that's kind of how this read. But, I'm not. Promise. If I was, believe me, this would be in ALL CAPS)
We got to talk to my sweet baby sister. Y'all know how much I love her. It was so great to hear her voice.
She's doing well. She's happy. A bit cold, but, ya know, she lives in Canada and all.
Surprisingly, I only cried when we hung up the phone. I figured I'd lose it the second I heard her voice, but I didn't! Yay me! It was a wonderful Christmas gift.
I got lots of other great things, but honestly, everything paled in comparison to that.
Wow. I guess this means I'm a grown up now.
I did not see that coming.
What was your favorite gift?
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Fave material gift? My Kindle, duh.
Fave gift? Having Z call right as we finished eating dinner but before we started opening presents and getting to pass the phone around so everyone in the family could say hi. Seeing the joy and love on the faces of his family was beyond precious to me. I married a truly wonderful, selfless man that is adored (no, perhaps even worshipped) by his family.
And of course we all cracked up when my 4 year old niece got off the phone and looks at my SIL and says "Mama, I was kinda shy on the phone with Uncle Z. Maybe when he gets home from far, far away I will give him a big hug." Seriously???? How CUTE!
Glad you had a sweet Christmas!
Aw, that IS a great gift!
And pics, we want pics of your shopping loot!
That sounds like a pretty damn awesome Christmas to me. :)
Post a Comment