I'm in a foul mood today since I have to be at work and I literally have never worked an MLK Day before ever in my life, so, naturally, I'm 17 different kinds of annoyed.
To counter my general peachy demeanor, let's talk about the Golden Globes, mmkay?
I loved Scarlett's dress--it was very Great Gatsby, but, the hair? Totally ruined it.

Could Robert Downey, Jr. and his wife be any cuter? No, they could not. Like, I seriously want to hang out with them for dinner and drinks.
Ryan Gosling--perfection. Obviously.
Mila Kunis, you will forever be Jackie in my mind. But, you're stunning.
Dear Lea Michele's Dress, I want to marry you. And Lea? You look pretty fantastic too. That ring! Gorg.
January Jones? Just, no. NO. We get it. You're hot, no need to wear whatever that is.
Jane? Fabulous! Perfectly lovely and that color on her is dynamite. Everything about her was just dead on perfection. The bracelets, nail color, hair--everything. She should get an aware for looking like this, I tell ya!
Hailee Steinfeld (from True Grit) looked age appropriate and darling. Thank heavens that her stylist remembered that hey, you know, she is only 14. Take note teen celebrities of the world--she is your new gospel. Act and dress like her.
Eva Longoria always looks great. I mean, she could wear a potato sack and look gorgeous, but, last night, I was star struck by her hair. She could have probably used some actual color on her lips. I'm not a huge fan of nude lips. This is why God created red lipstick people! Also? Sucks to be you Tony Parker.
Angela Chase forever!!! Who would have ever thought that Angela Chase would grow up to look like this?! I know! The hair, the skin, the dress, the everything. Love.
Christian Bale: NO. Please Lord let this look be for a role, please, please, please. You're so pretty, why do you mess with it? Why?!?
Amy Adams--making us redheads proud. And you all know I'm currently obsessed with blue, so, of course, I loved her. Can I look like her when I grow up? Please?!
In other Golden Globes news, I cannot find a picture of Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick, but, they are just the cutest couple ever and there was a shot of them during the awards of her leaning back onto him and I about died of the cuteness. If they ever break up, I will seriously have a mental breakdown.
Also, couldn't find a picture of Julia Stiles, but, she looked lovely. Duh.
Oh, oh, OH! And of course, I almost cried when Katey Sagal won for Sons of Anarchy--which no one expected. I would have been super happy if Kyra had won since she's been nominated like 800 times and finally won the Emmy in September, but, oh my gosh, I was like jumping up and down for Katey.
Y'all know my love of SOA and I think Katey kills is every week on that show and yes, it's not everyone's cup of tea, but, show material notwithstanding, Katey totally rocks that roll and deserved to win for sure. This gives me hope that she may get an Emmy next year. Which she deserves.
What were your favorite GG moments??
(all pictures from Just Jared.com)
To counter my general peachy demeanor, let's talk about the Golden Globes, mmkay?
I loved Scarlett's dress--it was very Great Gatsby, but, the hair? Totally ruined it.

Could Robert Downey, Jr. and his wife be any cuter? No, they could not. Like, I seriously want to hang out with them for dinner and drinks.
Ryan Gosling--perfection. Obviously.
Mila Kunis, you will forever be Jackie in my mind. But, you're stunning.
Dear Lea Michele's Dress, I want to marry you. And Lea? You look pretty fantastic too. That ring! Gorg.
January Jones? Just, no. NO. We get it. You're hot, no need to wear whatever that is.
Jane? Fabulous! Perfectly lovely and that color on her is dynamite. Everything about her was just dead on perfection. The bracelets, nail color, hair--everything. She should get an aware for looking like this, I tell ya!
Hailee Steinfeld (from True Grit) looked age appropriate and darling. Thank heavens that her stylist remembered that hey, you know, she is only 14. Take note teen celebrities of the world--she is your new gospel. Act and dress like her.
Eva Longoria always looks great. I mean, she could wear a potato sack and look gorgeous, but, last night, I was star struck by her hair. She could have probably used some actual color on her lips. I'm not a huge fan of nude lips. This is why God created red lipstick people! Also? Sucks to be you Tony Parker.
Angela Chase forever!!! Who would have ever thought that Angela Chase would grow up to look like this?! I know! The hair, the skin, the dress, the everything. Love.
Christian Bale: NO. Please Lord let this look be for a role, please, please, please. You're so pretty, why do you mess with it? Why?!?
Amy Adams--making us redheads proud. And you all know I'm currently obsessed with blue, so, of course, I loved her. Can I look like her when I grow up? Please?!
In other Golden Globes news, I cannot find a picture of Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick, but, they are just the cutest couple ever and there was a shot of them during the awards of her leaning back onto him and I about died of the cuteness. If they ever break up, I will seriously have a mental breakdown.Also, couldn't find a picture of Julia Stiles, but, she looked lovely. Duh.
Oh, oh, OH! And of course, I almost cried when Katey Sagal won for Sons of Anarchy--which no one expected. I would have been super happy if Kyra had won since she's been nominated like 800 times and finally won the Emmy in September, but, oh my gosh, I was like jumping up and down for Katey.
Y'all know my love of SOA and I think Katey kills is every week on that show and yes, it's not everyone's cup of tea, but, show material notwithstanding, Katey totally rocks that roll and deserved to win for sure. This gives me hope that she may get an Emmy next year. Which she deserves.
What were your favorite GG moments??
(all pictures from Just Jared.com)


14 comments:
Girl, working here too. I feel your pain.
And I'm just glad Christian Bale gained his weight back from The Fighter...super glad he won though, DEFINITELY deserved it. But he for sure could use a chopping.
When Chris Colfer won!!! He was beyond gracious, thankful of his cast (and it was so cool seeing how proud/happy they were for him, too), and his acceptance speech about giving hope to kids who are bullied or ridiculed about their differences gave me the chills. So proud :)
Working today too, booo! Loved this post, 100% agreed!!
Working today too, booo! Loved this post, 100% agreed!!
I'm at work today too. Boo! I hate it.
Dear Christian Bale, please please please shave it, cut it, trim it, wash it, and go back to being the most gorgeous man alive. I'm not into cavemen.
Loved Jane and Natalie Portman and their baby bumps! They looked fabulous! And I totally thought of you when I saw Amy Adams! I also loved Anne Hathaway's dress and Olivia Wilde (13), of course.
I LOVE your post title today. Excellent!
I haven't seen any pics before this, so thank you for sharing. I concur on all of your reviews!
so every single time i look at scar jo's dress i love it more and more. but you're right. the hair RUINED it. when i saw her last night i couldn't stop looking at her hair. but i would WEAR that dress. i would BEG to wear that dress. it's gorgeous.
RDJr is such a dream! Love him. and love the Sedgwick-Bacons too! Adorable!
I will fight you for Robert Downey Jr and Ryan Gosling.
Loved Olivia Wilde's dress, loved Ricky G. spreading some snark, loved Chris Colfer's speech, LOVED Colin Firth's win. Super crush on Colin. :)
I didn't watch the whole thing but I thought the dresses were gorg!!
why bother watching it when i can read the recap here!? hehe. you're so cute.
BTW- ive never had an MLK day off.
I think as Redheads we, by default, have Redhead crushes on all other cute Redheads, especially Amy Adams!!! :)
We had company all weekend so I didn't get to watch the Globes, but I loved catching up with them via YOU! Great job on the commentary! (Sorry you had to work MLK Day, suckage!)
Lea Michele was my absolute favorite HANDS DOWN! Gorgeous in every kind of way!
Post a Comment