Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Talkin' 'bout my girls

I know I tend to gush about my sisters and my nieces, but, I just can't help it, I love them so. I'm a very lucky lady to have these amazing women in my life.

Of course they don't fill the void of my mom, but, they are wonderful and I'm lucky to have them.

(I do want to say that I love each and every single one of my sweet blog friends and just because I don't have a picture with you doesn't mean I don't love and adore you--especially my Dallas gals, my runners and my favorite mama out in Tennessee)

When I got married, I inherited these lovely ladies:

Sissy Becca (we're the same age)
Sissy Rachel (who is in Canada serving a mission!) (oh, and that's our nephew--turns out, I don't have any pictures of just me and Rach)
And my Momma in law

Earlier in life, I gained my big sis, Lara. She has been my best friend for years and although she's about 15 years older than me, she's my best friend, my other half, my soul sister--you name it, she's it.

We have very similar family circumstances and we can lean on eachother.
She provided me with these gals--my nieces. Aren't they gorgeous? I hate them a little bit. The blondie next to me is my college bound gal. I can't believe it! (no one told me we were all wearing tights!)
And yes, y'all get a picture of me in my blonde days--and a wedding picture to boot! My matron of honor and I mugging for the camera.
I have a feeling I might get the beat down for this picture, but, when I joined a sorority in college, I had no idea what I would gain: a lifelong friend in this chica here.

She's an amazing photographer and has upheld me through some of my hardest moments. And there's no one that can make me laugh like her! ("Relax Ross, it's not like she doesn't like you!")

And thanks to the wonderful world of blogging, I've been blessed with this lovely lady and our across the miles friendship. (We missed you D! Next time, right??!)
And my redheaded sista--who is totally going to BQ at the Cleveland Marathon this year. Eeek!

Blessed with such wonderful ladies.... I am grateful. Lord help me, does this mean I'm only going to have sons?! (if so, Sara, I'm totally giving them to you)
Oh. In shoe related news, the heels broke off-- O-F-F OFF my boot (boot. singular) today. So, I'm currently walking around the office in my socks. Tres chic. I was feeling very Nancy Sinatra in my boots and shift dress, now? I just feel short. Sigh.
Happy Wednesday y'all!
xoxox

13 comments:

Ren Morrison Photography said...

You owe me a BIG bowl of queso for that picture. None of the small crap.

Cute post though... that's why i'm not throwing in 4 of their delicious cookies too. Though, you KNOW we'd eat them. So really, it's a win-win. :-)

REBrown said...

I hate when something goes wrong with an outfit!

At least it looks like you've got a lot of lovely ladies that can put you back together :)

Classy Fab Sarah said...

Oh NO your heels broke off? That's just a horrible day.

So lucky to have such lovely friends!!

A Compassionate Calling said...

That's why I want to have two kids one day and not one... so that they will always have a built-in, lifelong friend. You're so lucky to have such tight-knit family members. Nothing like em.

Jen Feeny said...

So mooshy and schmoopy! Love it! What a great post and reminder to appreciate all the awesome women in our lives! I am so thankful blogging brought you in my life and I can't wait, can't wait, CAN'T WAIT for Boston to see you again!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

What a sweet post! I don't know where I would be without my ladies!

the girl in the red shoes said...

You are so lucky and blessed to have such wonderful women in your life! Love all of the pictures!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Can I just tell you how much I love your hair color? I love it and you look so good in navy!

Sara McCarty said...

Best post in the history of the world!!!!! I love it! And I love you too! Thanks for including me in group of such amazing people. You are the best. I am the one who's lucky to have YOU in my life. :)

Jessica said...

I love you blond and I love your hair dark, either way you look fab. Sounds like you have some wonderful ladies in your life! Hang on to 'em. Great friends are hard to find. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy post! I agree with Jessica, good friends ARE hard to find but it sounds like you're so so lucky to have so many wonderful close bffs :) But um, your heel? So hilarious! I can just see you walkin' around in your socks, hehehe! PS. is it april 18th yet?!

Lindsey said...

oh man, I hate when shoes break, ugh!!

Sarah said...

umm yes i agree with erin...is it april 18th!!???? very cute post...your a lucky lady to have such awesome chicas in your life!