Monday, May 16, 2011

I missed my calling in life

This past weekend, my best girl Sara came to visit. And? It.was.awesome! We had so much fun and it’s real big time bummer that weekends aren’t like five days long because trust me, we could have used that time.

I had a blast showing her around Dallas and I’m sure there will be many more posts to come on our fabulous weekend, but, the most hilarious event of our weekend, was the trip to the Renaissance Faire.

Can you believe that Sara had never been to one? I know, I couldn’t either. Admittedly, it had been years since I’ve been to one, but, still.

We drove down to Waxahachie and entered what I can only describe as the best people watching EVER. Also, we saw a chick with elf ears—I guess we made a detour to Middle Earth, but, I can’t be sure.

Sidenote: I'm fairly certain I missed my calling in life. Walking around all day dressed like a beer wench and speaking in old English? Where was this at career day?! Sign.me.up.

“Basically, you’re the only person here in Burberry and pearls, and, I’m the only one in Chanel and Tory Burch—we’re obviously the ones being judged.” Best quote of the day, via Sara’s deep thoughts-- but oh so true!

We watched falcons, ate giant turkey legs, crashed a wedding and more—but, most importantly, got our palms read. I KNOW.

Now, maybe it is all voodoo science and whatever and you know I’m not one to believe all that, but, the chick said that I was going to be healthier as I got older, be very successful in my 40s and age very, very well—“while your friends will go downhill physically, you will not”.

Basically, she told me I was going to be a 40 year old successful hot chick. JUST SAYING.

I bet you never thought I’d ever want to get older, huh?

Oh, and, next year, we’re totally renting costumes.

7 comments:

Sara McCarty said...

Love love love!! I cannot wait to get the pictures from this processed so I can send them to you. People have no idea what they're missing!! Best weekend EVER!!

Jessica said...

I've never been to a renaissance fair either (I had to google how to spell renaissance) but it sounds like a blast. Definitely good people watching and why would anyone judge you two? You're gorgeous and obviously have style. ;)

Q said...

Sounds fun! And I would have gotten my palms read too.

Sarah said...

nope. she is not the only one who hasnt been to a renaissance faire this chica has yet to attend one either. glad you had a blast!! miss/love you! xoxo

Neely said...

Oh man I havent been in years! I need to go back!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

I've always wondered what exactly went on in Waxahachie - who knew?!? I love your Burberry moment; I had a similar one while decked out in Banana Republic at a punk show the other week.

Most importantly, best fortune teller EVER.

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

I haven't been to a Ren Fest in years but we had so much fun there in high school. I always wanted to dress up too but never did.

Btw, I discovered your blog from Sara and I'm so excited to read more.