Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Lucky Ones

This week has been rough--just emotionally taxing and I'm exhausted from working all weekend, but, such is life ya know--it happens.

I was wallowing in my self pity this morning (I have a PhD in wallowing, fyi) and after an entire bag of Sour Patch Watermelon gummies did not help (NO JUDGING), I decided to snap the hell out of it.

You know why? Because, I'm lucky.

I have a roof over my head, plenty of food in my belly (mostly, sugary food, but, that's not the point), puppies to love on, a loving family, and amazing friends.

Friends that text me during the Royal Wedding, friends who check in to make sure I'm surviving work trips, friends who come visit and send me puppy pictures, friends to have monthly supper club with, friends to quote TV shows and watch Army Wives with.

So, although today, my Princess Kate/Catherine/Duchess of Cambridge hair attempt failed (who knew redheads couldn't go brunette?!), and I'm slumming it in jeans and boots, and I still haven't gotten my mitts on a damn tiara, or title--I'm lucky.

And very, very, thankful. Always.

What makes you lucky today?

10 comments:

Mojito Maven said...

I LOVE YOU!

And I am thankful for YOU!

Jen Feeny said...

This is a great post and gentle reminder that we're all very lucky. I know that before I read this I was all sad and bummed about not being able to run for who knows how much longer and then I read your post and remembered I'm lucky that I can walk and will run again, unlike so many people that will never know either of those joys. Thanks for the reminder to be thankful for all that we have! Love you!

Jen said...

Hey! I just stumbled across your blog posted on a blog that was posted on a blog, that I read...or something like that! you know how that goes.

Anyways, I love what I'm reading! Keep it up!

Llama said...

Loving your optimistic view! You are right you truly do have so much to be thankful for! Cheer up friend, tomorrow is a new day! *HUGS*
p.s. Sour Patch Watermelon Gummies just happen to be one of my favorite candies! YUM!

Anonymous said...

Keep your head up lady! :) We are definitely lucky! :)

Sara McCarty said...

I am so so so so lucky to have you as a friend! I cannot wait to see you in one week! Trying to figure out how to smuggle Mally into my carry-on. Still working on that one.

That Pink Girl said...

Yes ma'am, we are blessed. It's always a good idea to stop, take inventory and really think about how blessed we are. Thanks for the reminder sweet girl!

Sarah said...

awwww i heart my royal sister. thanks for making me snap out of my stupid mood. i hope you have an awesome weekend...even if you are still the same shade of red...i liked it:)

Unknown said...

Great perspective! I've been feeling the same way and needing to look on the bright side. :) Happy weekend!!

Neely said...

Great post! We still need our Anthro shopping date :)