BAHAHAHA—like I would forget!
But, the folks at Time Warner Cable sure as hell did and when my DVR broke TWO WEEKS AGO and I was assured it would arrive on Tuesday night, giving me plenty of time to set it and triple check to make sure it was working, it still had not arrived and guess what, it’s the next Tuesday and the blasted thing still isn’t here. Oh people are going to hate life when I find the time to call and rip them a new one. Trust me.
ANYWAYS. That meant I absolutely had to watch it live (which I was going to do anyway, but, I wanted to record it because oh my god it’s like my favorite movie only REAL. It’s like The Sound Of Music, only with tiaras! I am DYING)
My alarm went off and it was the one singular time in my life I did not hit snooze. Oh no, I sat straight up, turned on the light, and then the TV. Oh, and then got on Twitter, naturally.
Y’all, it was a damn fairytale. Because as some point don’t we all dream of being a princess? And at some point in our lives, didn’t we all want to marry Prince William or Harry? To which I say: HEY HARRY, I COULDN’T WAIT FOREVER AND THAT’S WHY I GOT MARRIED BUT I’M WILLING TO RECONSIDER.
Also: Pippa would be a good runner up to me. Marry her. Don’t go with Chelsey Davy, k? You know you want to.
Y’all could have just gotten rid of Will and Kate and gotten married there instead and no one would have cared—she’s wearing a white dress and everything. Gah, Harry, use your brain!
(dudes, I secretly hoped that either Pippa would A. Tackle Kate and marry William instead or B. That Harry and Pippa would get married—just to ya know, shake things up.)
Also, you know that Chelsey was all “Imma cut that bitch” when Pippa and Harry walked out of the Abbey together.
Did you guys know I have a big huge coffee table book on Princess Grace? Well, I do. It was given to me by my daddy for Valentine’s Day years ago and I love it. I could spend hours looking through it on a regular basis—who are we kidding, I do.
And when Kate emerged in her gown, my heart did a little jig because it looked just like Princess Grace's. Although, I mean, I kinda sorta wished it was a little more dramatic, I mean, she is marrying the future King of England and all, but, if you're going to go for a specific look--Princess Grace is the way to go.
Well played, Princess Kate/Catherine/Duchess of Cambridge/Whatever We're Calling You Now.
But, it was perfect for her. Also? Thank you Kate for making modest stylish again. THANK GOD.
This dress will also be added to my list of items I must have just to wear around the house while doing housework or watching Friends.
Much like I used to dream of being Princess Grace when I was a little girl, I am certain that my future daughter will dream of being Princess Kate/Catherine/Duchess of Cambridge/Whatever We’re Calling Her Now.
Silly as it was, I couldn’t help but wish my mom had been alive to watch it with me—we watched Diana’s funeral together and I remember her telling me about Charles and Diana’s wedding—but, of course, I texted my sister and told her I now have 5,000 ideas for when my nieces get married—mainly that there will be boys choir and an Abbey involved.
I know there are bigger things going on. I know that our own country has been hit with a lot of devastation, I know that homes are destroyed, lives are lost and things are forever changed. Believe me, I get it—I’ve lived through natural disasters and lost loved ones in them—it's heartbreaking and awful.
But, sometimes, it’s ok to live in a happy little fantasy land for just a little bit. And ya know what? I'm really, really happy for these two.
And then cheer that the wicked witch is dead.
Sorry Britain, we can’t help but one up you.
Also, please expect any wardrobe additions to be solely based on my ability to look like Kate. Well, except for the two dresses I bought yesterday—so, everything after today.
And, of course, now, I really want to go darker with my hair—like a more reddish brown—like fellow redhead Julia Roberts sometimes does.
Damn you, England!
But, seriously, Princess Kate/Catherine/Duchess of Cambridge/Whatever Your Name is Now, call me--we'll do lunch. Or go shopping. Or whatever it is that you do.



16 comments:
OMG, I don't think I've ever laughed so hard while reading any blog, EVER! Just what I needed on an otherwise, dull Tuesday morning!
This post cracked me up! Loved your recap of the wedding!!!
Oh Ally, you crack me up with your girliness! :) Love it! And yeah... how great would it be if Pippa and Harry hooked up?!?!?
Obviously you are the true, original Princess, but this Kate / Catherine / Duchess / whomever-she-is is a reasonable runner up 'til your official recognition comes in. Such fun reading this & reliving that (OMG early) morning!
I'm also planning a boy's choir & Abbey nuptials for my niece-en-route, nevermind that her non-nearly-as-girly-as-moi mother may not approve. I have a few years and a Nordy's nearby, after all.
Also, I'm considering a trip to my colorist's chair to do that Kate / Catherine / Duchess / Whatever color too - do you think it comes with those cheekbones & a royal title too?
I'm gonna need some British princess babies ASAP from Wills and Kate. They are just too adorable together. And did I hear you say you were a redhead? I should obvy know this since I stalk you but that means you're a perfect match for Harry. Screw Pippa, you got this.
PS -- Princess Catherine just Facebooked me, she wantes to do high tea with both of us today. Be there.
This post cracked me up!!!! I totally agree that Hary should dump the always-looks-hungover-Chelsey and go for Pippa!
When my alarm went off at 3:50 am, I hopped out of bed with a quickness. I never do that. After watching the wedding a good 5,000 times, I'm pretty sure I'm now a dual citizen as well as a royal wedding expert. Can I just watch the wedding on repeat for work? 'Cause that would rock.
Her dress, amazing. I loved everything about it. And I usually don't think Pippa is that pretty, but DAMN.. girl looked phenomenal. I wish Harry would leave Chel$y (I look like Ke$ha) Davy behind and get with that. So much smarter.
Amen on the modesty! I was thrilled she made it hot, sexy, beautiful AND modest!
I love, love, love that everyone admires her and yet she stays so modest and poised. I mean, she wears pantyhose for crying out loud! I just wish she'd eat a sandwich so I didn't feel so chubby in comparison.
And, really, what do we call her now?
1. I'm so glad you did a royal wedding post. I love your take on this stuff!
2. I'm so sorry I missed getting up at 3 am to text/tweet the wedding with you.
3. I cannot wait to watch the whole thing again with you in less than 2 weeks!
4. Love you hair, don't change it.
5. Do you think we could somehow manage to befriend Pippa? I think she'd love us.
6. Chelsey Davy is a psycho hose beast.
7. Can we share Harry?
8. Kate Middleton for the win. Big time win.
You are so adorbs. This post is awesome. I tots agree with you about the whole 'there's plenty of crap going on in the world right now, so thats why it's refreshing to appreciate the royal wedding' thing. Though i didn't wake up at the crack of dawn to watch it, I spent a few minutes gazing through pictures of course :)
I didn't even know there was a royal wedding coming up until like two weeks ago. Honest tot blog! Kate who? I'd never heard the name before. (can we still be friends?)
But I seriously enjoyed your tweets and the palpable enthusiasm you, and others, demonstrated about this event! YES! It's okay to get caught up in things like this , even with all that is wrong now. Don't we all need a little fairytale sometimes? Don't we NEED something as life affirming as a love story to give us hope?
:0)
The royal wedding has made me obsessed with hats....so classy!
So much great stuff in this one blog! :) First off....Harry and Pippa are SO cute together, no? And the both seem fun...I love it. Second, love the Friends reference to wearing the dress around. Classic!
~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com
Love it and loved the wedding. But, I've got to disagree with you about Harry and Pippa. She looked gorgeous, but I think she's way too much of an upwardly mobile social climber. I don't think it would last.
I totally loved the entire wedding too! Its things like this that make us so happy and helps us get through the rough times!
Post a Comment