Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sequins & Showtunes

Or, how I spent my birthday.
Thank you all so much for the birthday text, tweets, facebook postings, etc--it really made my day, so, THANK YOU!!

I spent the day doing a whole lot of nothing, except belting out showtunes and hangin' with the fam.

There was a lot of "There's Nothing Like A Dame"
A bit of "That's All I Ask Of You"
And a whole bunch of "One Day More"
I made everyone watch the Les Mis 25th Anniversary Concert, because A) My Birthday and B) My boyfriend's in it, duh. (also, the Hugh Jackman version of Oklahoma was vetoed. Lame)

And while I was peeling apples for my apple blackberry cake, this happened:

It's my theme song! On my Pandora station! Happy, happy!
Oh, and here's what the cake looked like--pretty, right?


Birthday Diet Coke.
Birthday sequins take one:
Birthday sequins take two:
I forced everyone to go see The Nutcracker for my birthday--I'm not sure anyone enjoyed it as much as I did, and I kept nudging my dad during the parts that my niece will dance this year going "That's Bai's part!". He was not amused.

So, as I am one year older and one year closer to T-H-I-R-T-Y, I couldn't have asked for a better day. I'm a lucky gal.

And the fun doesn't stop--NYC Birthday Extravaganza with the bestie is just TWO DAYS away! Eeek!

Maybe getting older has it's perks? Hmm. Debatable.

Hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving and weekend!

xoxox

(all images from Google)

14 comments:

the girl in the red shoes said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday! You look adorable in your sparkly outfit!

Sara McCarty said...

Happy birthday lovie dovie! Sounds like you had a wonderful day! Please bring all said sparkly items to NYC this weekend. You bet your ass that I will be trying to squeeze my giant pregnant belly into that sequin pink skirt. It's amazing! Also, please bring iPad full of show tunes so we can JAM all weekend. And tomorrow I will be singing "ONE DAY MORE" all day because it'll only be ONE MORE DAY!

Jen Feeny said...

What a great birthday you had little lady!!!!!! I hope that smile hasn't left your face!

Anonymous said...

First off, you are SO glamorous. You are such a babe. Anyways, secondly, I love that you had all that showtunes/ballet/musicals action last week. Fabulous. Thirdly, i love you! happy birthday again, my dear friend!

Carolyn said...

Looks like you had a great birthday! :) Love all the sparkles!!

agalandherdog said...

Sounds like a pretty awesome birthday! I LOVE the sequined skirt and need to know was in that little blue box???

JennyLee said...

Sounds like a lovely birthday celebration! Great family you have there!

RunningWhit said...

Happy Birthday! Love your sequin skirt...I wouldn't have known what to wear with something so sparkly and cute! Glad you got to spend your day with the people and songs you love so much!

REBrown said...

I love all the sparkles - especially the scarf!

That Pink Girl said...

You look FABULOUS in your pink sequins and leopard print heels! And hello, TIFFANY? And you didn't show me yesterday?!? Whatever it is, I know it's gorgeous!

Have fun in NYC!

Sarah said...

pretty much the perfect birthday i think. it makes me giggle that i can sing all those songs annnnnd would have loved the ballet! sisters seperated at birth, i know.

Dollface said...

YOU ARE ADORABLE!!! xo

DietCokeStraightUp said...

Love me some show tunes too! Happy Birthday!

TheLovelyNancy said...

That pink skirt is to die for... please tell where you purchased it !!!