Thursday, March 21, 2013

The truth is....

The truth is, I am sinking this week.

Sinking big time. Struggling. Don't know which way is up, trying to tread water, trying to find the daylight, trying....

I've been working like a madwoman and that is the only thing getting me out of bed in the morning. Which I guess is a good thing! ;)

Every week, nay, every day I think I've hit rock bottom, but, no, no, I haven't. Occasionally, I get these slivers of joy and peacefulness and hope, but, they are fleeting and seem to be furthest out of reach when I need them the most. Funny how that works, eh?

It's like pulling myself out of a well and whenever I get close to the top, the water gets turned back on and I'm back where I started. Major pain in the ass, yo!

One happy this week was the FaceTime chat I had with my best friend last night (god bless the iPhone!). She literally saved me a few months back--she's my person. I mean, she gave me the greatest gift ever, my nephew, so, I'm kind of indebted to her already. Yikes. I better step up my game to repay her-- and FAST!

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, I just don't know what to say ya know? Blogging is about honesty, so, I'm just being honest here. (pretty sure there is a Johnny Depp Pirates of The Caribbean quote here)
"I had a dream my life would be, so different from this hell I'm living..."

On the upside, I don't work until Friday afternoon, Les Miserables comes out on DVD, which means, ALL DAY LONG--and!-- BFF and I are going to see Jim Gaffigan Friday night, which should be absolutely hilarious! I just gotta make it through the night.

Lucky I've got these buggers to snuggle me.
Yes, I'm a crazy dog lady--but, look at them!

Thanks for listening y'all. I promise to snap out of it soon. Well, I don't promise, but, Imma do my very best! Cause I'd hate reading this blog if it was all whiny boo whine nonsense, but, I do try to bribe you with Antho stuff and puppy pictures.

Well, and also, this:
Basically my idea is heaven is riiiiiight between those two. Swoon. 

xoxoxo

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy Les Mis day. Big hugs and love to you sweet friend!

The Pink Growl said...

I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL! I promise you I can't go and have 2 good weeks consecutively. I have a run of good days then BAM I'm falling fast into bad ones again. I need to get a grip on my life but damn it's tough! HUGS!!!! XOXO Just know you're not alone :)

Sara McCarty said...

Oh sweets, I'm sorry this week sucks. I am super excited to come visit you though! We are going to have the best time! I can't wait for Ella and Butch to meet Mac - they are in for such a surprise! And he is going to snuggle you SO HARD and make it all better. We love you! Hang in there.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Hugs!! I watched some of Les Mis today! We still haven't seen this version yet, was it good?? Some friends of ours just saw Jim Gaffigan a couple weeks ago! Sending love and hugs!