Monday, October 21, 2013

On having a swell Saturday

Saturday was one of those really awesome days.

The kind of day where you sit back and can't help but think "Oh my god. This is my life!". Which was really, really great, but, also, really, really painful because I absolutely HATE living 3,600 miles away from my guy and him not being part of those awesome moments (but, we cheer each other on from afar--today he starts his new job, so, naturally, I sent him chocolate covered strawberries because, I mean, chocolate). And he pitched a fit about my not being there to cook Sunday dinner with him, so, at least I know I'm missed too. Ha.

(we really are making this long distance thing our bitch thanks to FaceTime and the Royal Mail, for serious)

ANYWAYS. Sorry, I'm rambling, I'm just overly excited because I get to have an entire weekend of nerdy rower time with him IN THREE DAYS.

So. Saturday. Saturday was swell!

I went out on the river with the Putney Town Rowers Club, and, basically, they're the best people ever. It was so much fun and I think I've found my little home away from home here. I felt really comfortable and everyone was so welcoming and fun and funny! I can't wait to go back out with them again.

After I de-Thames-ed and Diet Coke-ed, Molly and I watched James Bond movies for a lazy rainy Saturday, then out to date night dinner in Soho (Soho is our place and no matter how crowded and gross it is, we won't ever stop going there!), followed by seeing The Commitments at The Palace Theater.


Oh. My. Heck. Listen, if you live anywhere NEAR London or have occasion to be IN London and do not go see this show immediately, well, you should be ashamed. It was, hands down, the best night at the theatre I think I've ever had in London. It was funny, smart, entertaining and oh, yeah, hi, it's all classic soul tunes so who doesn't want to rock out to I Heard It Through The Grapevine and Mustang Sally? All I'm sayin'.

I'm waiting anxiously for the soundtrack to be released so I can listen to it over and over and over again. Absolutely brilliant and I'm debating trekking everyone over there for my birthday--it was that good!

Here, give it a listen:


So, that was my weekend. Now I'm one barre class in for the day and my Molly is dragging me to the Heath for a run. I really might die because I am so sore from Saturday and class this morning, so, if I do, just know I loved you all!

No comments: