Not being able to row because you have too much to do and are too tired and too stressed (oh, and missed the trains on Saturday and Sunday), that sucks too.
So, it's all sucky. But, I mean, M and I have each other and we have our sense of humor and we're alive. Doesn't mean it's easier, just means it could be worse.
But yesterday when I was feeling defeated and sad and hopeless, the postman helped me change my tune! (getting mail is THE GREATEST THING EVER for someone living abroad!) (send me things! Preferably, just, the entire contents of a Target) (how do these people not have a store with cardigans in every color, belts, shoes, DVDs, candy, cards, food, makeup and ya know, home decor? England. You're seriously missing out.)
Anyways. I got presents. And I cried--like, a lot because I was so humbled by the gestures.
![]() |
| My best red and I call each other "Gibbon". It's a really long story. |
All that rainbow paper wrapped goodness was actually all of this:
![]() |
| That's right, Hugh Jackman action figure. And note the frenchie!!! |
Then these showed up at the hotel because someone knew I was having a bad week:
![]() |
| No guy other than my dad has ever sent me flowers. I can't believe anyone would do this for me, I am floored! |
The little sneak asked my favorite flowers awhile ago, and lo and behold, there they are--lilies! And he threw in some pink for the little Scottish princess he somehow puts up with. They're seriously the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen--and a massive, massive bouquet, y'all! (sorry, don't mean to sound braggy, I'm just honestly so touched and all mushy because it meant so damn much to me)
I've never felt so loved in my entire life and it's pretty much the greatest thing ever. I don't know how I got so lucky, I don't know what I did to deserve these amazing people, but, I'm really hoping I get to keep them because they make my heart do a happy dance on the reg!
It almost, almost makes up for being homeless and having no clean bed linen (we used everything we owned to clean up the flood--for reals)!
What's y'all favorite flower? I told you mine was lilies, any other lily lovers?





2 comments:
You should update those of us who don't know you IRL, but have followed you for awhile about the new Man in your life:) He kind of just appeared and you seem reaaallly happy. Minus all of the wet clothes and stuff:)
My favorite flowers are Lilly's and roses. I named my first baby Lilly Rose. She isn't with me anymore but whenever I see those two flowers my heart bursts. Hope your days get better!! I'm a new reader of your fab blog. Take care!!
Post a Comment