Monday, October 14, 2013

So, anyways....

We are still living in a disaster area and it's stressful as hell and we have no idea when it will get fixed, but, we're alive and spent the weekend decorating the walls--because hey--that hasn't flooded, so, it's feeling more like home. Finally.

Anyways. A lovely reader (hiya!) noted on a post that maybe I kinda sorted hadn't mentioned a few of the goings on in my life, and, well, that's certainly true. So, because, of course, I always aim to please, I might as well fill ya in. 

You may have noticed a while back I mentioned a boy (all together now: awwwww), and then I mentioned him again. And again. And then he popped up on FaceTime when I moved to London (several times), is my personal cheerleader and sent me flowers--as you've seen--and, and, and. 
Embarrassingly happy picture alert
We met two weeks before I moved to London, because the Universe has a wicked sense of humor, spent those two weeks basically inseparable and have been together since (our first date lasted a good 14 hours, for real). Long distance is scary and hard and I miss him every single day, but, we are making this particular long distance relationship our bitch! (I don't know why I felt that was funny, but, I did)

It probably helps that we think the world of each other (him: "Well, you're awesome, I'm awesome, we're even more awesome when we're together!"), text all dang day and FaceTime as often as we can. God bless the iphone! We text pictures, share stories and support each other from miles apart (he reminds me that I can row and I text him funny stories while he drives cross country). We count the time between our visits (10 days!!), share inside jokes, mutual stories about growing up at the beach, rowing crew in college and laughing at one another.

I don't want to share too much, because although as much as I want to shout it from the rooftops and tell everyone everywhere about this incredible guy, I also want to keep what we have special, because, it is, just that--it's special. And it's ours.
Standard 
We have lots of laughs
My two favorites at my going away party, aka my favorite picture ever
And happy memories

Suffice to say, I wake up every morning feeling like the luckiest girl in the world and I'm so scared someone is going to pinch me and it will all be a dream. If that's true, it's a pretty awesome dream.

(even when we have reverse love actually moments at airports because I'm headed to the arrivals gate at Heathrow airport without him)
Not our most glamorous shot, but, that was a hard day
It's still pretty rad.

5 comments:

Sara McCarty said...

Y'all are too damn cute. :) I cannot wait to hear all about this delicious man over high tea. :) Or over FaceTime, whichever comes first. (I may see you in London before I have 5 fucking minutes to FT with you.)

middleagedrunner said...

He looks like the guy from the meme- that overly happy runner guy!!! Super hot :-)

Kaci said...

Awh I'm happy for you! XO

Bobbi said...

Yay, you answered my question:) What an amazing love story! I don't blame you for wanting to keep some things private, you gave us enough..you do seem so happy though!!

..:danielle:.. said...

I DONT CARE (whoa) i dont care about your damn sappy love story because not once in this post did you mention a single thing about missing MDI weekend. hrumph. (alright im WAY WICKED HAPPY(intentional caps) for you DUH xoxoxoxoxoxo)