This week has been a roller coaster! Lemme tell ya.
Between the high of Molly finally getting here last weekend and getting a late night surprise FaceTime from a few of my favorite people...
![]() |
| Roomie date night! |
...to insane stresses with school, attempting to control a boat down the Thames (never.ever.ever.ever.again.ever)....
![]() |
| At least I have a cheerleader from 4,700 miles away. Nerdy rowers are nerdy. |
![]() |
| My doodlepups!! Get to mama! |
Then, our apartment flooded! Which has been such a disaster and so many tears were shed, that it seems like something we could only make up. Sadly, it's oh so real and our gorgeous, gorgeous floors are ruined, as is Molly's bed and a her handbags and shoes. Nightmare.
Luckily, we have each other to lean on, and are planning a nice long dinner out tonight to unwind from the week, and I have plans to row again this weekend (god willing that I'm not too tired).
We've had amazing friends who came to our aid with legal advice and offering to house us in Basingstoke until our place is liveable again; we've had Buddhist words of wisdom shared; and jokes made. We've had giggly FaceTimes with people who want to give us hugs and offer to just listen when we cried.
It's been a week that I would not like to relive anytime soon. Thankyouverymuch. (we were laid on my bed crying last night saying how much we miss living in the States and how we are never ever renting again.)
But, that's ok, because in 20 days (which, I'm totally not counting), I get to see this face again.
![]() |
| Yes, I know you're all jealous |
In 20 days I get to head back to AMERICA (land of ice! And Chipotle! And McDonald's Diet Coke for $1.08! And Target!) to spend a long weekend exploring Maryland with my guy. I couldn't be more excited! Four days of rowing talk, catching up, cooking and watching our favorite BBC shows (Ripper Street, start watching it, y'all!), beach trips and all the seafood this little redhead can eat. Omg, it's going to be freaking magic!
This damn apartment can burn down for all I care, I'm getting on that plane.
For very, very obvious reasons.







2 comments:
Yay for a trip back to the USA!!!! And seeing your guy :) :) :)
What the what?! You're coming home in a few weeks? Awesome! I so wish I could come visit while you're here. I'm still saving for my trip to see you across the pond. I'm thinking late Jan, early Feb. Can't wait!
Post a Comment