Thursday, September 4, 2008

Haircut Math

Did I mention the haircutting debacle of August 30, 2008? I didn't? Hmm..Well then!
Could someone please explain to me what in the following sentence is soooo hard to understand: "I'd like one quarter inch cut off, please. I am trying to grow my hair out." Which is responded by "No problem". Easy peasy right? (ha, notsomuch)

In haircutting world, does one quarter (1/4) inch really translate to one inch (1") and I'm just unaware of this mathematical equation?

Yeah, cause, I got my hair cut on Saturday, and let me tell you, I saw a lot more than a 1/4" of my locks go flying every which way. It's much shorter.

Will my hair ever grow? My hair grows painfully slow. And I mean slow. Which, should save me loads in highlights since my hair refuses to grow. But, I get highlights anyway because I figure "hey, it's been a few months, I might as well." Thrifty, I know.


*Fact: My quest for long hair has been foiled. Again.

*(that sentence needed to be read in the voice of Dwight from The Office. If you don't watch The Office you're seriously missing out. But, I'm sure you do watch it because everyone should. You'll be in hysterics laughing. Which will then lead to random lines appearing on your face and you'll wonder how those got there. Answer: because you just spent 30minutes-1hour with your face all scrunched up in sheer hysterics which is in fact leading to lines and wrinkles. But, it's OK because of all the endorphins you've got going on from laughing. So, you'll be spending boatloads on skin cream, but, you'll be happy as heck. And yes, I am aware of all the people who love the BBC version more. I don't get BBC. So, I deal. But, I love Dwight, so, it evens out.)

11 comments:

Mrs.Preppy said...

I am letting my hair grow back out after I chopped it all off recently. I realized just how much I missed being able to put it all up in a ponytail.

Also, I love The Office. I can't wait for it to come back on!

Natalie said...

I'm with you babe. I love the Office!

photography by suzanne said...

OK...I need to watch "The Office".

Your hair is cute no matter how long or short it is!

Hey Ally,
If you want to see a clip from Darin and michelle's new movie, go to youtube.com and type in Darin Southam. It is the "Test ending demo" one close to the bottom of all Darin's clips. It is a dream scene and suppose to be a little blury. Let me know what you think!

Anonymous said...

i know what you mean!!!!! just remember...your face is SO DARN PRETT that any haircut would look fab!

Kaci said...

Oooo that sucks! I have a really bad haircut right now...I hate it but what to do?

GrannySmithGreen said...

Too funny! I know a hair gal like that!
And The Office--very funny!

Ashley said...

I LOVE The Office too and also love Dwight. Aren't you way excited for the new season to start already? And I agree with you about haircuts!!! Annoying!

The Mrs. said...

The stylists of the world do not care for long hair!

{amy k.} said...

Sorry about your hair... I've been fearing something like that for myself- and for that reason I'm way passed due for a cut!

But, no doubt you're still darling as ever!

And I totally know what you mean about your face being all scrunched from laughing at The Office- what a great show!

Kellie said...

With your fun sense of humor, I'm not surprised that you watch the Office! Best. TV show. ever. (after Friends of course)

Two days before my trip to Europe my mother(of all people) was supposed to trim the ends of my hair..which was down to my bra strap...my trim ended up at my collar bone! To say I was upset would be a huge understatement.

But now, it's not so bad. My suggestion...take prenatal vitamins...I started taking them the day after the hair disaster and mine has grown out considerably. Seriously! Oh, and I'm not pregnant! I just heard that prenatal vitamins were good for your hair/nails. ;)

kelly said...

that's why i avoid getting my hair cut.