You know you are rather underpaid at Yuppy Workplace when walking to class after long and rather eh day at the office (however, tickets are purchased--happy dance y'all!), when you walk past a Maserati.
Yes, a Maserati.
And then you realize that you're in the student parking lot. And then you decide to be nosy and check for parking permit, lest a Visiting Dignitary be visiting (but why would Visiting Dignitary be parked in said lot?), when hope among hope--please don't have a permit. And then it does. Student.
And then you realize that said student in Maserati spends more in a week than you make in a year.
And then you stomp off to class in your pumps de le Target--with worn heel caps and all to l'italiano class, where everything is happy.
(two posts in one day--I this must be some kind of record)
What makes you go "hmmm"?
Yes, a Maserati.
And then you realize that you're in the student parking lot. And then you decide to be nosy and check for parking permit, lest a Visiting Dignitary be visiting (but why would Visiting Dignitary be parked in said lot?), when hope among hope--please don't have a permit. And then it does. Student.
And then you realize that said student in Maserati spends more in a week than you make in a year.
And then you stomp off to class in your pumps de le Target--with worn heel caps and all to l'italiano class, where everything is happy.
(two posts in one day--I this must be some kind of record)
What makes you go "hmmm"?


8 comments:
Humm, maybe his family is into selling cars...does that make you feel any better? Oh, well. I tried.
Also, about the make-up: Have you heard of some sort of make-up that is sold at Target--for a dollar! I can't think of the name of it--three initials, or something. They have a website too--all $1. Crazy. I wonder what the quality is like?
I'm with you Princess! My hat's on and I ready to go to the Derby!
I went hmmmm! And Hmmmmph! when I got an email from Martha Stewart suggesting the VERY SAME housekeeping trick that I posted on my blog last week.
After she encouraged viewer bloggers to link to her blog so she could read their posts!!! What do you make of that, Princess? Have I been done in?
And then - hmmmmmm, the lady at the eyeglass store told me I would look just like Sarah Palin "in those frames" - I'm blonde! Hmmmm.... life isn't fair some days.
wowww!!!i would definitely be saying Hmmmmmmmmm!!!!!?!?!?!?
I went to a college like that - my roommate freshmen year drove a Ferrari. Until she wrecked it. And then had to make do with a $100k Mercedes. Apparently the normal Mercedes wasn't good enough. It certainly makes me go hmmm.
My 10 year old car doesn't even compare!
That's certainly a "hmmm" moment. However, coming from the land of "$30,000 millionaires" as I do, it's entirely possible that Maserati is leased, the buyer is leveraged to the hilt, etc.
This being said, one of my favorite "hmms" was a certain roommate who, ahem, enjoyed speaking about being fiscally responsible, while bringing home a designer bag every few weeks, owning a stable of amazing horses, etc. Easy to be "fiscally responsible" when the parental units are doing the fiscal-ing, no?
Ahhh yes. He/she probably earned the money for that car with lemonade stands over the years...ps target pumps are fabulous!
Mark and I play disc golf a lot at our local city park. The last few times we've noticed these kids...and I mean teenagers...who pull up in new cars much more expensive than both of ours combined! I don't get it either.
Post a Comment