Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Oh my!

Hallelujah, it's finally true!! In case you haven't heard, Lance Armstrong is coming back to cycling--and the SP household couldn't be more excited. It seems like just yesterday I was lamenting about the Tour, but, it looks like this next year will be very exciting. And of course, this makes us Texas folk uber proud. And thank goodness, this means he's not running for Governor.
I should also mention, my favorite thing about the Tour is that everyone and their dog gets into cycling and I always notice an influx of cyclists around town, you know, thinking they're all cool and whatnot--so, yesterday, I'm out for a run in my neighborhood and of course, there is Lance Fever, and I get passed by a cyclist wearing a....wait for it.... wait for it..... a Hooters cycling team uniform! I about died! It was the one singular time that I nearly stopped running and wanted to knock on someones door so I could use their phone to call the husband. It was hilarious. Yeah, because I'm really going to take someone seriously who's got the words "Hooters" across their back and stomach. Seriously. (I just looked it up on Google and can't find a picture, which makes me sad)
Anyways, Lance is back. I'm excited. It took long enough. And, he better win.
Is it only Wednesday? Aw, man!
PS. In regards to my comment yesterday about skin care, I currently use Aveeno Positively Ageless Serum. I try not to spend boatloads of $$ on skin care unless it works. I think this works, but, it's making me all oily and break-y out-y. Any advice is welcome! After all, my birthday is in 2.5 months (+/-) and since I clearly failed my "get in shape before August 25", my new goal is "get in shape, regain petite figure, look cute and young by November 25th". Annnnnd go! Pour on the advice, per favore.
I don't have anything exciting to say other than my little factoid about Lance. It's pretty much the highlight of my week. Is that sad? (um, yes, SP, that's very sad). Hmph, well then!

Have a fabulous day everyone! Oh--one last thing! Wish me luck--tomorrow I have to go get my Passport so that I can go on a trans Atlantic work trip next month. Wish me luck that my application actually gets processed tomorrow--cause, I need this trip.
I guess that's all for now!
Arrivederci,
SP

10 comments:

Mrs.Preppy said...

Where are you going on your trip? Hope it is somewhere fun!

Also, I am still up for some North Park time. Monday's (before 7) are usually good for me. Shoot me an email and we can plan.

Mikki said...

Yes, where are you going? I bet you're excited for that. I would be. Good luck on the passport.

Natster said...

love lance! in fact my dad passed out "livestrong" bracelets (they had just come out) at my wedding reception. No lie. My family is a little crazy about the Tour...
Have fun with the passport adventure! So fun!

Amy said...

In regards to your skin care advice? I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer with SPF 15 twice a day and have yet to see any signs of crows feet. Just thought I'd give you that little tip. Hope you're well. Miss you!

kelly said...

i love lance... but i have to say i'm a little skeptical. he is such an incredible athlete. i'm just hoping his comeback is better than michael jordans!

Anonymous said...

YAY FOR LANCE!!!!!
and have FUN FUN FUN on your trip!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Oh, how I would have loved to see the "Hooters" cyclist outfit. How deliciously ridiculous.

On the skincare regime, I just started using Kinerase's normal-to-oily skin line (moisturizer, under-eye cream, vitamic C prep stuff) and really like it so far. It's one of the few things that has enough moisturizer for me, yet doesn't cause me to break out. Expensive, but good so far.

The Mrs. said...

I still can't believe it!!! Hubby is obsessed with Lancey, got me into the whole thing. Love watching it!

Saucy said...

You DO need a little trip I think! I hope your passport gets a great big fast stamp on it and you are on your way with some cute luggage in hand!

also known as shell said...

I love lance. I loved his autobiography and I even wrote him a letter after reading it.

oh and yeah I couldn't take a hooters uniform serious either. so classy!

as for advice on getting in shape and petite I've got my eating plan down if you want me to give it to you email me. shellie.kendrick@gmail.com

When I follow it I lose like 2 ell bee's a week!