Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What 3 day weekend?

Apologies on the lack of my traditional "Musings & Monday"--yesterday, I was out searching for a mattress for our guestroom, grocery shopping (I won't tell you how long it's been), and cleaning house. Oh, and, I went to
the gym. Sadly, it was like a boys club when I got there and I hate having to fight for the weights with boys. Ugh! Anyways....

So, I hope you all enjoyed the long weekend. In my opinion, it was not long enough--or maybe we just crammed too much in. I'm not sure. Either way, I'm certain I could handle 4 day weekends on a regular basis.


Here's what we did...

-Went to Ikea and braved lots of people (note to self: do not go to Ikea on long weekends).... And yes, I know that Ikea is cheap Swedish furniture, but, you know what? We're on a budget and cheap Swedish furniture it is! Shh, don't tell our parents.
-Saw some other term for donkey (starts with j, end with ss) riding a motorcycle like a well, j-word and saw him rear end a car, go under his bike, hit the median and bounce off and go sliding 40 feet down the middle of the road. We were petrified we were going to run over him!! Luckily, no one did. We all called emergency services. He survived but was very banged up because a) he was wearing shorts, b) he was wearing regular ol' shoes, not boots, and c) he wasn't wearing a leather jacket. Luckily, he had on a helmet, but, wow! He tried passing the care on the right (as in, on the shoulder of the road) and it didn't work and he ended up rear ending the car. I mean really! Scariest thing I've seen.
-Did not get any of the furniture put together.
-Touched up paint in entryway and hallway (because I'm awesome).
-Bought a rug for the dining room table that ended up being the exact same rug we have in the living room, but, in another color. Which I find wildly hilarious because we could not agree on a rug and when we finally did, it was one we already had! This was unbeknownst to us until we got home.... Hilarious.
-Discovered that we have woodrats/squirrels (we aren't really sure which because we can't ever get a good look at them) living in the shrubs in our backyard which are now antagonizing the dogs to know end. Poor things!
-Discovered that the bug infestation may be starting again. Seriously. I do not ask this lightly (and I realize it sounds ridiculous), but, please pray for us! I spent $300 trying to end the last round of bugs and am beyond pissed! I am at a total loss for what to do! We think our yard has some weird bugs that the puppies are bringing it. Damn yard!
-The Age of June has not impressed me. And that is sad. (just to stop you from asking, we lost. I'm aware. It sucks)

So, clearly, I may have done too much over the course of 3 days, but, we'll look past that.... Short work week! Yippee!!

Oh, and, scales are the devil. Don't let me near one. They just cause depression.

9 comments:

GrannySmithGreen said...

Oh, my dear, didn't you read my post about weekends at Ikea! It's a nightmare! I wish they'd open just for us!

And the scale--never get on one. I try to just use my clothes as a meter! Ha!

Great post. Keep it up.

Kaci said...

OMG I know scales are meant to piss off people who work so friggin hard at losing weight just to see the numbers not move or move in the wrong direction! I mean COME ON!

Sorry about your bugs!

We have Ikea furniture too!

Anonymous said...

Chunk the Scales out the WINDOW!!!
SERIOUSLY!!!!

and

I could use a 4 day weekend, too!

Bugs are terrible!!! gosh....:(

Jessica said...

wow - that must have been scary to see that accident. we were at ikea yesterday (monday) CRAZY - i should have known better, but we had family in town and they wanted to go. my 3 year old ran away from me and there were so many people he got lost!! luckily my mom found him, but i was so shaken up i couldn't concentrate on buying anything!!Ahhhhh! I braved all those people for nothing!

{amy k.} said...

That accident must've been sooo scary! I hate seeing things like that.

That's hilarious you bought the same rug- sounds like something I would do. If you like it, you like it, right?!

And scales- oh darlin, don't even go there. I hate them- they must stay out of my house.

Oh and no luck with the house hunting as of yet, it's been a crazy situation. And my bday is on the 7th- so soon! :)

Mikki said...

you busy girl you!!
Wow! Scary about the motorcycle accident. Hope id didn't invade your dreams. So glad you didn't run him over-I can't imagine how that would be.
Yeah, just toss the scales. they're not good for anything buy making you feel like crap!! Oh, and I'll be praying for you. Down with the bugs!

Andy said...

I hope you at least got to IKEA in time for the .$99 breakfast. I swear every time I'm going to get their early enough, and it never happens.

Ashley said...

Wow, busy! I totally agree about scales. And good for you, touching up paint! I have had that on my to-do list for quite awhile now and still haven't done it!

GrannySmithGreen said...

You won an award! You are just too funny not to share!